· Respect and value each child’s social, cultural and religious background and by example, provide mutual respect and tolerance.
· Share in the management of pastoral care, health, welfare and behaviour of all pupils and in particular, those within your designated class group.
· Undertake the teaching of a class in accordance with the school’s agreed policies and guidelines.
· Use a variety of appropriate teaching and caring methods to ensure high quality learning takes place.
· Provide planning documents identifying specific learning objectives, differentiated tasks, special needs, extension and assessment, to the Principal or other authorized officer.
· Maintain professional dialogue with colleagues concerning the children, other colleagues and the school. Treat all information with confidentiality.
· Ensure the provision of equal opportunities for all.
· Encourage children to take pride in their own environment and show respect and concern for others, to the benefit of the school as a caring community.
· Be responsible for all aspects of classroom management eg. Care of equipment with resources well-labelled and accessible. Maintain a tidy, well organised room.
· Create an interesting and lively classroom which promotes independent learning.
· Collaborate with Principal and staff in establishing and developing effective pupil assessment procedures and moderation portfolios. Keep appropriate records of achievement for each child in class and provide reports as necessary.
· Build positive links between yourself and parents of children in your care.
· Guide, motivate and monitor classroom helpers in carrying out their tasks.
· Minimum requirement of a Bachelor Degree (in Education or specialist teaching subject areas), from a recognised institution. (Duration of studies should not be less than 3 years full time study).
· Teacher Certificate, Diploma or other Teacher Accreditation courses are required if the applicant’s degree is not in Education. Early Education certification is required for the Pre-School Homeroom Teacher.
· At least 2 to 5 years of relevant teaching experience, preferably in international schools
· Possess a collaborative attitude and able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
· Self-motivated and willing to teach in a new start-up school environment
· International experience, especially in Asia is highly valued.
· Willing to commit to a 2-year contract
· Must have, or be willing to obtain, current criminal police clearance from their home country and last country of employment
For interested applicants, please send in your resume to email@example.com