St. Nicholas School
A Unique Educational Adventure
Through an inquiry based international education, St Nicholas School develops responsible, confident and caring citizens of an ever-changing world. By setting high academic standards and celebrating cultural diversity, we nurture individual talents and embrace a shared passion for learning.
St Nicholas is a vibrant, stimulating and happy multi-cultural environment. After 35 years experience, the school opened a second campus among the rolling hills of a satellite city, approximately 30 minutes from São Paulo. The Alphaville campus has a large green area and ample, well-resourced classrooms. The school currently educates 150 students and is growing rapidly each year. International mindedness is valued, promoted and celebrated. The school provides a balanced, rich, challenging and transformative education for its diverse body of students, most of whom are studying in English as an additional language.
PYP Teacher in the Primary Section @ Alphaville
St. Nicholas School is seeking to appoint a Primary Classroom Teacher for the Alphaville campus with three or more years’ experience who will enjoy working in a highly stimulating and dynamic international environment. Current experience teaching PYP is highly advantageous but not essential. Candidates should commit to IB philosophy and practice, to the highest standards of excellence and be prepared to work across the full Primary age range.
More information about St. Nicholas School can be found at www.stnicholas.com.br www.facebook.com/st.nicholas.sp and https://twitter.com/stnickssaopaulo.
St Nicholas runs from 18 months through Grade 3 and is adding an additional year group each academic year. Class sizes allow for approximately 22/24 pupils with a full-time Class Teacher and Teaching Assistant. Additional Specialist Teachers are responsible for teaching specific curriculum areas (varies depending on year group) including Portuguese, Art, Music, Drama, and PE. A Personalised Learning Department works together with teachers to provide individualised support for pupils to meet learning and language needs. St Nicholas offers the IB PYP curriculum and all teachers meet regularly with the Heads of section and the PYP Coordinator to plan for the learning experiences and assessment of pupils and discuss pupil progress. Teachers are given autonomy to innovate and be creative in their design of authentic, challenging and engaging learning experiences and are always well supported.
Successful candidates are expected to have:
- A university degree in the subject to be taught along with evidence of recent professional learning
- An internationally recognised teaching qualification and three years’ teaching experience
- A recognition and some understanding of how Millennials learn
- A commitment to inquiry based learning and the school's vision and mission
- A commitment to international mindedness and IB teaching philosophy (www.ibo.org)
- A positive and optimistic attitude to students, learning and education
- Additional qualities to add to the school community
For expatriate teachers St. Nicholas offers two year contracts, which are renewable by mutual consent and include:
- A competitive salary paid in Reais
- An overseas allowance based on monthly sterling exchange rates
- Private medical plan
- Return flights at the beginning and end of the contract
- Visa expenses
- Professional development opportunities
- An end of contract gratuity
- And fantastic students to work with
Job descriptions and further information are available on the website www.stnicholas.com.br and the LAHC website www.lahc.net.
Letter of application should be addressed to the Head Teacher and accompanied by a curriculum vitae and the names of three referees. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is 10th December 2017. Skype interviews will begin the following week.