Officially opening in August 2019, The British School of Vilnius will be the first choice for families seeking an English National Curriculum education complete with its ethos and values. The school is the first in Vilnius to offer this curriculum and is located in a stunning area of the city.
BSV will initially offer mixed year group classes for children from Pre-Nursery to Year 4.
Based around the English National Curriculum, the school aims to deliver progressive results across the breadth of the curriculum.
Applications are desired from qualified teachers with U.K. experience in Primary who can deliver outstanding lessons and be involved in a wide range of after school activities.
The position presents an exciting opportunity, allowing the applicant to play an important role in the foundation and development of a world class international primary school.
Primary Classroom Teacher
The British School of Vilnius is looking to appoint an exceptional teacher to join our talented team. Reporting to the Headteacher, you will become part of a highly dedicated staff with the collective responsibility of forming the initial academic direction of the school. We welcome applications from motivated and reflective professionals who offer energy, enthusiasm, experience and a passion for teaching and learning that embraces change and innovation. Given that this will be a school in its first year of inception, flexibility will be a key factor in your approach. Please refer to the teacher job description for detailed requirements, roles and responsibilities.
Teachers will be expected to:
- Relentlessly pursue outstanding performance for all students, both personally, socially and academically.
- Collaborate with other teachers to achieve collective accountability.
- Ensure the classroom is a well-organised, efficient and an effective hive of purposeful activity.
- Participate in a culture of professional learning.
- Engage in active communication with parents and other important stakeholders.
- Promote our Mission through the opportunities we offer, the impact we make, the leadership we demonstrate and the respect everyone deserves.
- Possess a creative and pragmatic approach, collaborating on innovations in teaching and learning and the broader activity of the school.
- Understand how to blend the best of premium British education with contemporary international thinking, helping to create a distinctive positioning for the school.
- Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions.
- Respect, appreciate and understand a variety of cultures and societies.
- Be prepared to take on an area of curriculum responsibility to support the development of the school.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com and should contain a CV, letter of application and the details of three professional referees - one of which must be your current line manager. Due to GDPR, you must ask referees for approval before submitting your application. Application letters should be no longer than one side of A4.
Initial interviews will be conducted in person where possible, or via Skype.
Closing date: 19th July, 2019