We are looking for an exceptional classroom practitioner, with experience of working with pupils for whom English is an Additional Language, to join our Primary EAL team for January 2020.
GIS is a well-resourced successful international school with great facilities and a reputation for academic excellence; we place the success of each and every student at the centre of our mission. GIS is a family, and with our fantastic students, dedicated and motivated team of excellent teachers and support staff, it truly is a wonderful place to learn and teach.
The school is focused on creating the best environment for our learners to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. With over 75 hours dedicated to teacher CPD every year, as well as a keen focus on staff and student well-being, we are constantly striving for excellence, both as practitioners and for our learners. GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning; provide a 1:1 device programme and use Google Apps for Education as our main learning platform.
Successful candidate must:
- Directly support children who are learning English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- Provide support to teaching staff to ensure they can adequately meet the needs of EAL learners
- Use a wide range of strategies to assess and support language acquisition
- Support parents of EAL learners to ensure a strong home-school partnership for learning
- Have a growth-mindset looking to continually improve
- Be an active member of the wider school community
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Have an advanced ability to use ICT to support and enhance learning within the classroom
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work successfully within teams
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Ongoing Professional Development
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
This is a unique opportunity for the right person to make a real difference in a uniquely challenging, rewarding and supportive environment. GIS is a well-resourced, highly distinguished international school with a long-standing reputation for outstanding academic results and innovation. We have fantastic students and staff who are diligent and motivated.
We recommend early application as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications is 30th of September 2019. Interviews will take place via Skype.
Please review the ‘GIS Information for Applicants 2019-20’ booklet found in the Applicant Info Pack prior to applying for this role.
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).