The International School of The Hague is a highly successful, innovative and energetic semi-private school located on the edge of the city of The Hague, near Kijkduin.
The entire school currently has over 2000 students and hosts over 101 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section.
The Primary School was established in 2003 and became the first school in the world to be accredited at “Mastering” level by the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). The Primary School was also the first international school in The Netherlands to receive the Excellente School status from the Dutch Inspection of Education. We now have more than 640 pupils on roll.
We currently have a vacancy for:
• Primary Early Years Teacher
• Full time: 1.0 fte (40 hours, Monday-Friday)
We are seeking creative, highly skilled and flexible practitioners to work within our Reception freeflow learning environment. Our setting uses a workshop based approach, where children can self access resources and activities, both indoors and outdoors. We are passionate about learning through play and our staff are committed to following children's interests and developing independent learners.
The position is based on the Dutch collective labor agreement (CAO PO) for primary education, Scale L10. Scaling will take place depending on relevant background and experience. The contract offered to the successful applicant will be for one year. After one year, a permanent contract will be offered after obtaining a Dutch teaching qualification and a good performance. The maximum L10 scale is 15 and this is gross Eur 3.910,- per month based on a full time FTE.
The successful candidate will;
• Have a Bachelor in Primary Education or PGCE, plus Qualified teacher Status (QTS) and induction certificate (or equivalent); You have to be a qualified teacher in the country where you obtained your teaching degree.
● be able to contribute to a collaborative, friendly and highly skilled teaching team
● have an outstanding teaching practice that aligns with the philosophy of our Early Years
● have experience or knowledge of Montessori and Reggio practice
● be competent in ‘In the Moment Planning’
● have an understanding of the EYFS curriculum or similar
● have a thorough understanding of formative assessment cycle in Early Years
● understand the importance of outdoor learning
● be highly skilled in setting up an early years environment
● have experience of working with students who are new to English
● be committed to valuing, using and developing all of our students’ languages
● be a life-long learner
If you are internationally-minded, permitted to work in the European Union and have the desire to help shape the exciting future of our school, we would love to hear from you.
The deadline for applications is: 26 February 2019. Interviews will take place soon thereafter.
If you have not heard from us by 26 March 2019 then please assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code and VOG procedure is applicable and can be obtained via our Rijnlands website.