The British School of Brasilia (BSB) is one of the leading international schools in Brazil offering contemporary British international education to students in Early Years and Primary School.
The school is located in the exclusive district of Asa Sul and enjoys a spacious, green, clean-air environment, located in the heart of the city’s schools quarter. BSB is a member of The British Schools Foundation offering numerous opportunities for professional growth.
BSB seeks an inspirational, dynamic and experienced person to lead our Upper Primary School. The successful candidate will be in a current coordinator role with a proven track record of strong leadership within a primary school.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability, creativity, and aspiration to lead a team in pursuit of the highest educational standards. He or she will be a person of kindness and integrity, who will always put the needs of pupils first.
He or she will be an excellent communicator who enjoys positive relationships with colleagues, pupils and parents, and will be comfortable with leading change to benefit all stakeholders. He or she will play an integral role in the development of the school through the next phase of it’s development.
We are seeking a professional who:
- Is UK-trained or has relevant UK curriculum experience.
- Can lead the planning and development of the upper primary school and take charge of its day-to-day operations.
- Promotes a well organised and inspiring learning environment.
- Foster a culture of high standards that aims to bring out the best in every member of the school.
- Is comfortable integrating technology into all teaching practices.
- Is committed to constant improvement in all aspects of school life.
- Is reflective and continually strives to improve performance.
- Understands the value of consistent application of school policies.
- Enjoys a professionally-stimulating environment.
We will provide:
- An excellent salary and retention bonus.
- Annual travel allowance.
- International worldwide medical cover.
- A professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment.
- The chance to live and work in a culturally-diverse context.
- Opportunities for promotion and development both within the school and the wider global network of The British Schools Foundation.
If the opportunity to work in a progressive school in a culturally-rich and dynamic city excites you, please send us your application.
The closing date is 12th February 2018 although early applications are strongly encouraged; the school may appoint an outstanding candidate ahead of this deadline.
The British Schools Foundation (BSF) and all BSF schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening, including references and checks with current/past employers, and an enhanced DBS.