Primary Phase Special Educational Needs Coordinator
Working across our three Primary Schools
Chulmleigh Primary School
Lapford Community Primary School
East Worlington Primary School
MPS/UPS + TLR2a (£2,721)
Required from January 2020
Chulmleigh Academy Trust is seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher able to lead by example who will build on the success of the current provision for our primary children with SEND and Pupil Premium entitlement. This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an experienced and ambitious teacher to join the caring and nurturing environment of our primary phase community.
The successful candidate will work closely with our primary phase Heads of School across our three primary schools located at Chulmleigh, Lapford and East Worlington.
This is an important role within our Academy and main responsibilities include:
• To professionally lead and manage SEND across the Primary Academy in accordance with the published SEN policy.
• To contribute to and develop strategies to ensure that pupils with SEND and Pupil Premium entitlement make good progress.
• Lead specialist teaching staff and teaching assistants and liaise with relevant staff, external agencies and parents.
• Co-ordinate the Academy’s primary schools’ Pupil Premium provision.
We would welcome applications from enthusiastic and committed teachers with experience at either EYFS, Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2. The post includes a 0.5fte teaching responsibility.
The successful candidate will:
• Be passionate about ensuring every child fulfils their potential.
• Have relevant experience and qualifications or be prepared to complete SENDCo training.
• Have achieved (or will undertake) Level 3 in Safeguarding.
• Demonstrate an understanding across the primary age range.
• Be able to build strong relationships and work effectively with colleagues.
• Have strong interpersonal and communication skills to allow effective communication with agencies, parents and colleagues.
Further information regarding our success and standing is available on our website.
Why work with us?
- Academy gym & sports hall available for staff use
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Easy commute to the thriving and dynamic cities of Barnstaple & Exeter
- Easy commute to the coast
Application Process: Please click 'Apply Now' and once fully completed, please submit your application.
Interviews are scheduled for Monday, 7th October 2019.
As employers, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and in that regard have appropriate policies and procedures. All staff undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and interviews will include questions about safeguarding children
Closing date: 10 am Monday 30th September 2019