Bursar - Part Time (25 hours)
We are currently working in partnership with Annecy Catholic Primary School.As part of this we are supporting the recruitment of a new Bursar to join the team. This is a great opportunity for someone to come and support the leadership and governance of the school in making strategic decisions.Annecy Catholic Primary School is a one-form entry Voluntary Aided School with 170 children currently on roll from Reception to Year 6. It is situated on the South coast between Eastbourne and Brighton. We are looking to appoint an part-time Bursar who will be responsible for all aspects of the School's financial reporting and accounting, as well as managing the School's business support functions.The position is for 25 hours per week over a 5 day working week (salary will be pro-rata as part time/term time only).This is an opportunity to advise and guide a small and friendly Senior Leadership Team where the children within the school are at the heart of everything we do.In fulfilling the requirements of the post, the post holder will demonstrate the following essential professional characteristics, and in particular will:
- Support the Catholic ethos of Annecy Catholic Primary School.
- Give strategic vision and leadership to all aspects of budget, finance and
- Lead, operate, maintain and develop the financial procedure and systems within the school, in co-operation with the SLT and governors, ensuring that legal and safety requirements with regard to people and property and function of the school are maintained.
- To function as line manager for identified support staff.
The successful candidate will:
- preferably have working knowledge of Sims, FMS and a good level of I.T skills and experience working in a school financial environment.
- Understanding of the LA and DfE financial systems and procedures (training will be provided).
- Ability to work well in a team, both as a member and leader.
To discover more about this post please contact Chris Baillie or Susan Child on 01323 894892 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 5 February 2018
Interview date: TBC
We warmly invite you to come and look around our lovely school. To arrange a visit please contact Christine Baillie or Sue Child on 01323 894892 or email@example.com to make an appointment.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to child protection screening with past employers and Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service. For further information please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.