We are looking for: an enthusiastic primary school leader for learning for our AICS Satellite school.
We zoeken een enthousiaste, part-time teamleider (twee dagen, waarvan een dag vervanging voor studieverlof), die leiding geeft aan een team docenten en verantwoordelijk is voor hun onderwijs. Sommige informatie is in het Nederlands, maar Engels is de voertaal.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, part-time (two days, one day is a study leave substitution) team leader, who can lead a team of teachers/ class assistants and who can take responsibility for the education they provide. Some information at school is in Dutch, but the main working language at the school is English.
The position requires a dynamic person who is not afraid to take initiative. The AICS Satellite leader for learning role involves a close working relationship with the AICS Satellite and South administrative and leadership teams, teachers, support staff, parents and students. Applicants require a shared vision on inquiry-based teaching and learning, our school values and a profound belief in student well-being.
About the AICS
The AICS facilitates high quality, accessible, community-based international learning for students of all nationalities living in The Netherlands. The AICS is the first Dutch International Primary and Secondary School in Amsterdam, founded in 2003. The school is affiliated with the Berlage Lyceum and the Europaschool in Amsterdam, which, together with a number of other schools, form the ‘Esprit Scholen Amsterdam’. The school is subsidised by the Dutch government, which enables it to deliver high quality education at competitive fees. The AICS is a school for international education that is accredited by the Council of International Schools and focuses on children from international backgrounds. Currently the school offers primary education to students aged 4 – 10 (IPC International Primary Curriculum) and secondary education to students aged 11 – 19 (IB Middle Years Programme and Diploma Programme). The main language of instruction for classes is English.
To be a community where learning is at the heart of everything we do.
The AICS facilitates high quality, accessible, community-based international learning for students of all nationalities living in The Netherlands.
You need to be:
- an experienced leader in an international school setting;
- experienced with inquiry-based teaching and learning;
- someone with high moral standards, upholding confidentiality and professional integrity;
- sharing the AICS’ vision on education;
- understanding what it takes to shape a concept-based curriculum;
- experienced in dealing with student support needs;
- experienced in shaping a differentiated learning environment;
- enthusiastic to learn and develop professionally;
- an inspirational teacher and leader with a genuine love of working with children;
- a collaborative worker, who is prepared to become fully involved in our school community and work as part of a committed team;
- flexible and open to new ideas, taking initiative;
- open to working with students, colleagues, and families with many different backgrounds.
You need to have:
- A DUO-validated teaching degree for primary school education;
- the ability to function well within a team;
- a sufficient command of spoken and written Dutch or willingness to learn;
- an excellent command of spoken and written English;
- excellent communication skills;
- several years of teaching and leadership experience;
- enthusiasm for international school programmes and inquiry-based learning;
- excellent knowledge and experience of different teaching and educational methodologies;
- a commitment to the school’s mission to provide community-based international learning;
- an understanding and knowledge of different cultural backgrounds;
- the ability and initiative to contribute to interdisciplinary projects and school policy.
Applications must be submitted before the 1st of July 2018.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to interview candidates before the closing date of the vacancy. All candidates do have equity in the process.
For more information, please visit our website: www.aics.espritscholen.nl
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.