The Cayman Islands Department of Education Services Invites applications For education roles within the Government school system for 2018/19 academic years Commencing early-August 2018
The Cayman Islands offers one of the highest standards of living in the Caribbean. It is a tax-free jurisdiction, with a friendly welcoming people, combining the very best of the relaxed Caribbean attitude and modern living. Its proximity to Miami also provides easy access to North America and the rest of the Caribbean.
The remuneration package for the successful candidate is offered without deductions. The Cayman Islands Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and 100% health insurance coverage for the employee and their dependents. To assist with relocation, within the first week of arrival, the successful candidate will receive a settlement allowance equivalent to 1 month’s salary, moving expenses for personal belongings and hotel accommodation for 7 nights.
(Vacancies in more than one school)
Small School: US$75,814-$85,772 per annum
Large School Salary: US$86,000 – $97,315 per annum
Responsible for the management of a primary school in the Government School System, the post holder will be a leader of teaching and learning, develop a culture of high expectation and ensure high quality education is accessible to all students.
Qualifications, Experience & Special Skills:
- A Bachelor’s Degree, and Qualified Teacher Status
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ successful teaching experience, at least five (5) years of which must have been in a senior school leadership position
- Relevant post graduate qualification or senior school leadership training preferred
- Strong skills in teaching and learning combined with the ability to lead school improvement
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills combined with strong ICT and data management experience
A detailed Job Description, Government Application Form and the Supplementary EDU Application form are available online at www.education.gov.ky/jobs All applicants must complete the Government Application Form, Resume and a Cover Letter via e-mail to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Friday 19th January 2018