Primary Teacher: Key Stage One & Key Stage Two (January 2019)
We are looking to recruit a key stage one and key stage two teacher to join our team. Students at RSB study all English Curriculum subjects in English. These lessons are taught by class teachers and specialist staff. Arabic and Islamic Studies lessons are taught by our Arabic teaching team. The successful candidates must have experience and, ideally, training in teaching children who are learning in English as their second language. They will also have an interest in tailoring learning opportunities to meet the needs of Emirati boys. An interest and experience in teaching children with special educational needs is important as we have a number of students who require extra support with their learning. The successful candidates will have imagination, flexibility and enthusiasm and will join a team of teachers and support staff working in a well resourced and purpose built primary section. They will be expected to contribute to our varied extra-curricular programme which includes sporting activities.
• UK qualified teacher status or equivalent
• Recent teaching experience in EYFS, KS1 and/or KS2
• Knowledge of current UK curriculum developments
• An interest and understanding of students working in a second language
• Evidence of outstanding practice in teaching and learning
• Ability to set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge students
• Demonstration of good curriculum knowledge
• Ability to adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils.
• Demonstrate accurate and productive use of assessment
• Effective behavior management strategies
• Willingness to initiate and be involved in school activities
• Outstanding references
• A positive and enthusiastic approach to personal and professional development
• Inclusion skills and strategies to support educational differences in the classroom
• Commitment to being an excellent team player
• Excellent relationships with students, parents and staff
• First language English speaking Preferred Criteria
• Experience and training in teaching students working in a second language
• Recent experience in a UK Curriculum school
• Willingness to take on responsibility for the development of a curriculum area
Qualified Teacher on a full expatriate or local contract
Salary and conditions of service:
September 2018 Terms of contract: This will initially run until 31st August 2019. It will be renewed annually, subject to mutual agreement.
Salary: The school's salary structure is based on a ten point scale. The exact salary will depend upon previous experience but will be in the range of Dirhams 12,740 – 19,480 per month (exchange rate is generally between Dhs 5.00 and Dhs 7.50 to the £1.00). A teacher with ten years experience will start at the top of the pay scale. The salary is tax free and paid at the end of each month. There is a terminal gratuity of between Dhs 8,715 and Dhs 23,240 for each year of employment (this amount increases throughout your employment at Rashid School for Boys). The following allowances may be paid for staff employed on an Overseas Contract only. Single teachers and married men are usually employed on overseas contracts that include salary, accommodation, flights, children’s school fees allowance and medical insurance. However, married women whose husbands are resident in the UAE are usually employed on local contracts, which are salary only. There are no differences between these salaries.
Air tickets: Annual allowance to your country of origin.
Accommodation: An annual accommodation allowance of Dhs 74,870/- (single member of staff), Dhs 88,481/- (married) and Dhs 108,900/- (married with children) is provided. A water and electricity allowance of Dhs 9,000/- per year (single), Dhs 13,000/- (married) and Dhs 18,000/- (married with children) will be provided.
Health care: Medical cover of 80% is provided through Almadallah Health Care School fees: School fees may be paid up to a maximum of Dhs 30,000 per year, per family.
NB : This information is not part of the contract and is provided for information only. Applications should be addressed to the Head of Primary and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include: C.V., RSB Confidential Information Form and a letter of application, plus the names, addresses and contacts of two professional referees. Please include the job title in the subject line of your e-mail or your application may be rejected by our spam filter. Applications without a letter of application will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 17th October 2018 Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 29th October 2018