Come and join the Ecole du Centre family on the island paradise of Mauritius.
Ecole du Centre is a private French school, fully approved by the French Education department. As we are situated in Mauritius where English is the official language we have made English an important part of our curriculum. At our school children learn English as a foreign language from pre-school onwards and the objective is to achieve a high standard while at the same time instilling in the pupils a real love for the language. With our new International Section we are now bringing English into all aspects of the classroom with the curriculum now being taught both in French and English.
Our English department is a fantastic team of native- level English speakers from all over the world. We provide an enormous amount of support to all members of staff and provide training where necessary. We have a very multicultural staff and student body and a supportive community of parents.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated primary school teacher who is great at working in a team and who will teach part of the programme in English as well as teaching the English language. This person would not, at any time, be teaching in French. The teacher would be working with a number of different classes with students aged between 5years and 11years.
The successful applicant must:
- be a fully qualified primary school teacher (B.Ed, PGCE or equivalent obtained from a tertiary institution in an English speaking country.)
- be a native-level English speaker.
- have at least three years teaching experience in an English speaking country,
The successful applicant will preferably...
- have previously worked in international schools in foreign countries.
- have taught English as a foreign language.
- have some understanding of French.
- have previously worked in a French school
If you meet our requirements and would like to join our Ecole du Centre family, please send your CV and letter of application to our Head of English, Tracy Ribet, at the following email address : email@example.com
Note: Successful applicants will be required to provide a current certificate of morality as well as two references.