Situated in the centre of The Hague and enjoying an excellent reputation, the International department of the Dutch primary school The Haagsche Schoolvereeniging (HSV) has approximately 530 children following a full primary curriculum, delivered in English, across three locations. The school teaches the UK National Literacy and Numeracy Strategies and the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). We are excited to open a fourth location from August 2018.
Primary School Teacher Vacancies - School Year 2018/19
If you are an international educator and interested in working in The Netherlands we are currently seeking applications for experienced, qualified and enthusiastic teachers for our primary school for the academic year 2018/19. We invest in our teachers through a professional development programme and support of other professional development opportunities.
We seek a team member who is passionate and committed to the learning and development of young children. It is essential that the successful candidate shows a willingness to work collaboratively and plan across the curriculum to meet the needs of learners, and have the desire to work closely with parents, support the school and participate in school events.
We seek applications from candidates who possess the following qualities:
- good interpersonal and organisational skills
- flexible team player
- sense of humour
- good ICT skills
- a willingness to learn the Dutch Language
- ability to work independently
- knowledge of the International Primary Curriculum and UK National Literacy and Numeracy Strategies is desired
All applicants must:
- have Qualified Teacher Status (Parts 1 and 2) (BEd or PGCE equivalent must be for primary education only)
- be fluent in English (C2 level)
- have experience of teaching the full primary curriculum to whole classes of children
- minimum two years teaching experience (NQTs are not eligible to apply)
- be eligible to live and work in the EU. We are not able to secure work permits for candidates.
Please send by e-mail:
- Details of your nationality
- A cover letter detailing your experience and your availability.
- Details of two professional references
To: Mrs Lorraine Janet Dean
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by 16th March, you should assume that you have not been successful.