Poe Magnet Elementary is a small GT/AIG Basics school just outside of downtown Raleigh. With only about 400 students, we are able to provide a close-knit family environment where each child builds positive relationships with caring adults. Our core values guide our mission to inspire and cultivate confident learners prepared to embrace the challenges of the future.
We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher interested in having an international teaching experience in the United States and becoming a cultural ambassador to help us deliver on our core values:
- Provide targeted and engaging learning opportunities designed to meet the needs of every student.
- Use current data as a performance measurement to focus on and respond to student learning.
- Seek and implement strategies to meaningfully involve parents and the community in the education of our children.
- Support and challenge each other as colleagues to promote ongoing professional growth within ourselves and educational growth in our students.
- Seek understanding of the comprehensive needs of our children and implement tools to address them.
- Model innovation and risk-taking while focusing on student achievement.
We are located in Wake County, North Carolina, an area frequently ranked as one of the nation’s best places to live and work. We employ nearly 19,000 staff and faculty to support more than 164,000 students.
Our robust support programs for current and future educators, beautiful school facilities and flexible school calendars are just a few of the many reasons to work in the Wake County Public School System.
All international candidates are required to apply directly with our partner, Participate Learning. Participate Learning has been an official U.S. Department of State Exchange Visitor Program for more than 30 years and has helped more than 10,000 international educators have the experience of being a full-time teacher in the U.S. Participate Learning is designated to screen, provide visa sponsorship and support participants throughout their stay in the United States, in conjunction with their host school. Candidates must first pass Participate Learnings screening in order to be considered for this position.
About the role:
- Primary Teacher
- Full-time, full-year position
- Willing to commit to a minimum of 2 years, with a maximum stay of 5 years
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time teaching experience in Primary Education.
- Hold a teacher training degree for Primary Education.
- Must be currently teaching full-time
- Hold a valid driver's license
How to apply
Interested applicants should visit http://go.participatelearning.com/tes201901e to register and fill out an online application.
Please visit the Participate Learning website at http://go.participatelearning.com/tes201901e and click on the chat button (bottom right side of the screen) to discuss further this opportunity.