SALARY: £24000 to £32000 dependent on experience
REGION: Wakefield, West Yorkshire
HOURS: 8.00am – 3.30pm & 1 hour for weekly staff meeting
Meadowcroft is an independent specialist day school for boys and girls aged from 5 to 19, catering for children with a wide range of needs in 3 sites across Wakefield. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
As part of our continued growth, we now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Teacher to join our close-knit team.
The ideal candidate will successfully set a vision and targets for pupil success and be confident in using their knowledge and expertise to monitor progress, give regular feedback and encouraging our young people to take a responsible and conscientious attitude to their own work and study.
The teachers at Meadowcroft are encouraged to take a creative approach, seeking ways to positively engage with and motivate pupils through lessons that promote learning and raise levels of attainment.
Meadowcroft is part of the Acorn Care and Education Group. We can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Qualified Teacher who wants to spend less time on paperwork and more time developing creative learning opportunities for the most reluctant and troubles learners.
No two days are the same at Meadowcroft so we want Teachers who can work at pace to turn ‘can’t do’ into ‘want to’ and are motivated by working with children with complex needs. You will be motivated by your belief that every child can achieve and reach their potential. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with children in a calm and engaging demeanour, whilst being resilient using an innovative style of teaching motivated by your belief that every child can achieve and reach their potential.
Whilst previous experience of working in an SEN environment would be desirable, excellent teaching skills and the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships in order to promote the development and effective delivery of the school curriculum and maximise children’s achievement.
- Teaching pupils according to their educational needs and acknowledging that every lesson counts.
- Creating a well-ordered and secure environment that will ensure the educational well-being of individual children within the group.
- Ensuring careful and ongoing assessment of the pupils learning to inform further planning.
- Ensuring that tasks and activities are matched to the ability of the children- allowing them to make progress at the right pace and level
- Working with school leaders to complete and teach individual pupil plans where pupils have specific needs.
- Contributing and cooperating with other staff and professional agencies as appropriate to the needs of the children.
Meadowcroft Person will aspire to live our core behaviours:
- Take personal responsibility for yourself, colleagues and children
- Work well and “get stuck in” with the team
- Excellent communication skills Demonstrate determination and resilience
- Plan and organise workload
- Commitment to developing your own expertise
- Positive “can do” approach to work
- Must be educated to degree level or be of Qualified Teacher Status
- Must have experience in teaching Key Stage 1 or 2
- Ability to use ICT for teaching
- Understanding of the curriculum in order for successful planning and delivery
- The ability to manage challenging behaviour effectively
Why work for us?
- A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
An open day for potential candidates is being held w/c 01.04.19. To book an appointment please contact email@example.com or ring and speak to Louise on 01924368736 or Andrea on 01924 366242
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.