Our well established Primary School is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, creative and experienced Primary Special Educational Needs Teacher to start in September 2021. Applicants for the post will have up-to-date knowledge and be experienced practitioners. The successful applicant will join a dedicated and dynamic team and will work in our 320 pupil school, situated in the capital, Stanley.
We are seeking to recruit a Primary Special Needs Teacher who:
• is focused on helping children achieve high levels of progress in a happy and effective learning environment
• is a graduate with qualified teacher status (primary) who has completed their induction and preferably has at least 3 years' successful teaching experience
• has experience in more than one key stage in the primary age range
• can demonstrate a thorough recent knowledge of working with pupils with a range of specific learning difficulties
• is committed to differentiation and SEND inclusive practice
• can support the SENCo in managing the effective deployment of support staff
• can work successfully with children who exhibit challenging behaviour
• can effectively monitor, assess, record and report on pupils’ progress
• can work within and contribute to coaching and mentoring environment
• has good interpersonal skills and works well in teams
• possesses secure IT skills and has good IWB knowledge
• is able to contribute to the development of extra curriculum opportunities
We will provide:
• A stimulating and supportive working environment with enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
• salary up to £40,502
• Eligibility for a 25% gratuity payable upon satisfactory completion of the contract
• Favourable income tax rates
• Airfare for post holder and dependants at the beginning and end of contract, as well as return airfares after every full year of the contract
• a relocation grant
• accommodation to rent
• free education locally for dependent children to GCSE level and possible allowance for overseas studies thereafter
• fixed term contract of either 2, 3 or 4 years in the first instance
• detailed information about life in the Falkland Islands
Applicants can download a job description and further information from this page.
Apply by downloading the application form from this page.
Interviews will be held in the week beginning Monday 31st May 2021 either by video conferencing or by telephone. More details about an interview task and opportunity to share video clips of teaching practice will be provided to shortlisted teachers.
School Website: http://www.fig.gov.fk/ijs/
Our recruitment video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7nHrEOqkbE
For more information please contact Megan Edwards, Human Resources Department, Cable Cottage, Stanley, Falkland Islands, FIQQ 1ZZ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 00 500 27420 or Fax: 00 500 27212 stating the post you are interested in.
The closing date for this position is Thursday 27th May 2021.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 3 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- UK Qualified Teacher Status or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check
- Over 24 and below 64 years of age
Stanley Infant & Junior School
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years
The Falkland Islands are a unique and dramatically beautiful environment set in the South Atlantic Ocean. Great value is placed on education by Government, parents, students and the community as a whole. Primary and secondary education follows ...