Primary teacher at the European School Copenhagen
Would you like to be involved in shaping and developing a new and exciting international school environment at a European School?
About the school:
European School Copenhagen (ESCPH) is a public, international school under the Municipality of Copenhagen and the first of its kind in Denmark. The school is a department of the internationally-renowned Sankt Annæ Gymnasium.
ESCPH opened in August 2014 with four Primary classes in an English and a Danish language section. Today, the school has 15 classes from grade 0-5 in Primary and grade 1-2 in Secondary. In the coming school year, we will open further classes in Secondary and a new French language section. When the school is fully phased in, the school will have nearly 1,000 pupils.
ESCPH is an accredited school within the established European School system and as such offers a European education, combining the rigorous educational requirements for European Schools, with Danish pedagogy and working guidelines.
In October 2018, the school moved into a brand new state-of-the-art school building in the Carlsberg City District of Copenhagen, a few stops from Copenhagen central station.
- 1-2 permanent, full time positions as primary teacher in the English language section
- Teaching qualification is essential
- Fluent English speaker
- Proven experience in teaching the relevant age group
- Outstanding commitment and ability to engage students and assist in developing their social, creative and academic skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience as a class room teacher
- Experience in teaching a variety of subjects
- Experience in international or intercultural education
- Proficient IT skills
- Commitment to a high level of student achievement with a supportive, positive and non-judgemental attitude
- Skills to assist pupils in navigating an international, culturally-diverse environment
- Experience in language acquisition (English as a second language or additional language)
- Proactive attitude to school development
- ICT, PE and music skills are considered an advantage but not a requirement
- A dynamic work environment, where you can participate in the development of our school
- A management culture of cooperation, dialogue and trust, and inclusion of employees and parents
- Motivated and committed parents
- Dedicated colleagues from various countries
- Training opportunities
Salary and employment conditions in accordance with relevant collective agreements.
The City of Copenhagen perceives diversity as a resource, and appreciates that each employee contributes with his or her particular background, personality, competences and skills.
For more information about the school, please visit: www.escph.dk . If you have any questions about the position, please contact Head of Primary Hanne Schmidt, tel. +45 24 78 23 02.
Please address your application to Head of Primary Hanne Schmidt and submit it online via the link below.
Click to apply here
The application deadline is Sunday 17 February 2019.
Job start: 1 April 2019 or latest 12 August 2019.
If you have trouble answering some of the standard questions in Danish, please see the attached PDF for an English translation or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(photos below: Adam Mørk & Hampus Berndtson)