A'soud Global School (AGS) Salalah is looking to recruit two well-qualified, passionate and experienced Primary Teachers (Key Stage 1 / Grades 1-2) to join a successful team of practitioners within our multi-cultural, international school.
Who are we?
AGS Salalah is a vibrant, welcoming international school in the heart of the Dhofar region of Oman. Currently providing education for children of many nationalities between KG1 to Grade 8, it is a truly exciting time to join us as we expand our primary-age intake further, at the same time as extending our secondary provision in our journey to becoming an ‘all-through’ school.
As a school, we follow the highly-respected Cambridge international curriculum, which is flexible, challenging and inspiring, culturally sensitive yet international in approach. Through our internationally-recognised curriculum, we aim for our pupils to develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning, along with gaining the essential skills they need for success beyond our school and in their future endeavours.
Our pupils’ education takes place within state-of-the-art facilities, including spacious classrooms, outdoor multi-games courts, swimming and splash pools, an indoor multi-purpose sports hall, a library, ICT rooms, music rooms, art and drama rooms and science laboratories.
Our aims are to equip our pupils with the values, attitudes and skills that will ensure they are not only active but effective global citizens, whether at university, in the workplace or elsewhere in their lives, and to deliver high quality, lifelong learning outcomes for all, consistently, regardless of changes to circumstances or the learning environment around us.
The successful candidate will join a growing and supportive staff and will be responsible for planning high quality provision, working both independently and in collaboration in equal measure.
Life in Salalah
Oman is a welcoming, politically stable and friendly country - and nowhere more so than in Salalah on Oman’s picturesque southern coast. Salalah Airport is only a short distance away and offers high levels of accessibility, with popular destinations such as Muscat and Dubai only an hour or so away. There is easy access to a broad variety of foods and other goods, with a number of local expat groups, sporting teams and other interest groups for those inclined to participate. With its incredible scenery, wonderful beaches, rich culture and sunny climate, Salalah offers a delightful location in which to experience teaching in an international context.
- have high expectations of all learners;
- be highly motivated, adaptable and willing to embrace the challenges and excitement of an international teaching career in the Middle East with an ambitious and growing school;
- be able to demonstrate outstanding standards of learning and teaching;
- have experience in teaching across key stages, with demonstrable skill at Key Stage 1 (Grades 1-2);
- have strong knowledge of and experience in the successful delivery of phonics;
- be experienced in using effective differentiation and assessment techniques;
- be an exceptional communicator, with a commitment to working collaboratively in a whole-school community;
- be ambitious and keen to develop existing knowledge and skills;
- have respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background;
- have experience of working with children for whom English is an additional language;
- value playing a part in the broader life of a school and have a commitment to developing its extra-curricular programme.
Please complete the online application. Owing to the popularity of previously advertised positions, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note, in order to meet the requirements for a visa and work permit, applicants must:
- have at least 3 years of teaching experience, ideally in the UK or internationally;
- be qualified to degree level in the appropriate subject. A degree where the title includes a taught school subject.
- have a B.Ed, BA (Hons) with QTS, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent and recognised teaching qualification;
- be proficient in English;
- be over 24 and below 55 years of age.
What we offer
We place a high value on all our colleagues and are committed to their continuing professional and personal development, providing a range of ongoing training opportunities to both refresh and enhance pedagogy and practice. We offer a competitive, tax-free salary, medical insurance and other benefits.
AGS is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appropriate background checks will be required for this post.
We would strongly encourage early applications as we reserve the right to close this vacancy should we find the right candidate.