Trustees at this small, highly successful independent junior and secondary school, consisting of 156 students, require a Primary Teacher for Key Stage 2.
This is a unique chance to become a valued member of a professional team. Applicants should be passionate about raising student achievement, ensuring every child reaches their potential and be committed to the implementation and promotion of Self Directed Learning (SDL) developing each student’s ability to become a self-directed learner.
The school seeks to promote excellence in education and enjoys outstanding student achievement, engagement and behaviour, reflecting the Christian ethos and values of the school. Teachers benefit from supportive colleagues and positive relationships with parents.
· Be an inspiring and engaging teacher
· Be able to provide day to day classroom leadership, inspiration and management
· Enjoy being part of a supportive team
· Be a caring and enthusiastic professional
· Respect the school’s aims and values
· An excellent working environment with good resources for teaching and learning
· Supportive colleagues and community
· Enthusiastic and motivated student
· An excellent salary dependent upon qualifications and experience
· Access to our new teacher academy, providing an opportunity to enhance your teaching experience with support for continued professional development, including our unique 3 x 5 CPD scheme
· Access to cutting edge, world leading educational practice as part of the largest network of schools globally
York Campus is a modern, purpose-built building with good facilities and situated near the centre of York, sitting alongside York racecourse. The site is easily accessible to major routes including the A1, A64 and A19.
For more information relating to our York Campus please visit http://york.focus-school.com/ or follow us on LinkedIn at Focus Learning Trust for further information relation to Focus Schools.
For an informal discussion or visit to the school please contact the Head Teacher on 01904 663300.
Focus School York Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2016 and The Education Act, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment