Primary Teacher – New Independent ASC Specialist Provision
North Cheam, Sutton
Do you have experience or a passion to work with ASC students?
Are you looking for an exciting new job opportunity in a provision with an experienced staff team?
Are you experienced in teaching and looking for a challenge within a brand new setting?
We are currently looking to recruit a passionate and experienced Primary Teacher to join our team in Cheam. The Primary Teacher will be working in our new independent day school, Brookways, based in Cheam, Greater London. Brookways is a new independent special school for children with autism and additional special educational needs and mental health challenges. We are a small school admitting up to twenty students in Phase One (Forty by Phase Two). Our young people have struggled in mainstream education and need a positive experience. The Primary Teacher will become part of a team that specialises in delivering curriculum designed to meet individual needs and give our students the best possible educational outcomes.
Kedleston Group Ltd is an independent provider of SEMH and ASC day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
Due to the needs of our Young People experience of working with autistic / SEN students is essential.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan, deliver and assess outstanding teaching and learning using proven methods and approaches that enable autistic young people to learn
- Be a class tutor, ensuring pastoral needs are met and establishing excellent relationships with parents and carers
- Engage and motivate pupils
- Inspire trust and confidence in pupils, colleagues, parents and other professionals
- Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
- Engage in whole school activities as required by the Headteacher
- Adhere to all working protocols as agreed and published in the Brookways School handbook
- Plan and lead children in off-site enrichment activities
- Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
The main responsibility of this post is to provide high quality teaching and learning for an allocated class within Brookways School, for a detailed breakdown a job description is available on request.
Person Specification (Essential)
- Successful class teaching experience.
- Experience of working with children with SEN, SEMH or ASC
- A commitment to ongoing professional development.
- An excellent knowledge of the specialist curriculum area and how it may be effectively taught.
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role Kedleston will offer:
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- The opportunity to join a supportive and well established team
- The support to progress in your career
If you have a positive attitude, a good sense of humour and are passionate about working with young people then we would love to hear from you.
For more information please contact Liam Slater on 07773 964 455, or apply directly by sending a CV to l.slater @kedlestonschools.com
Kedleston Group Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service. kedlestonschools.com