Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint an ambitious Full-Time SEND Primary School Teacher to join our successful supply teaching team and to work in a Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) school in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
*** Depending on the suitable SEND Primary Teacher, the school will either take you on permanent straight away or you would be employed by Vision for Education, before moving over to a permanent contact after 12 weeks ***.
The desired SEND Primary Teacher will be expected to teach across the Primary and Secondary Phrase and will be working exclusively with children and young people who have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). The role will involve teaching small classes and working effectively with primary and secondary teachers when offering in-class support teaching. The successful SEND Primary Teacher will be responsible for differentiating the English scheme of work in the school and delivering specialist support to pupils if required. Furthermore, the role of the successful SEND Primary Teacher will include monitoring student’s progress and providing a unique level of support in the classroom when and if required.
The school is a large school for children with a diagnosis of an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC). The school is rated as ‘Good’ in all aspects and are in the process of working towards ‘Outstanding’ for their next Inspection. They are passionate and committed about providing high-quality CPD opportunities for all members of staff to ensure they make the most out of their role, providing effective teaching and learning opportunities and making the best out of their future career development.
To be considered for the position as a SEND Primary Teacher, you must:
- Be a Primary or Secondary Teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) OR hold be an Unqualified Teacher with at least 1 years’ experience of teaching
- Have experience and knowledge of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities), including Autism (ASD/ASC), Asperger’s Syndrome and/or Dyslexia
- Be flexible, adaptable and able to hit the ground running in a busy and vibrant environment
- Able to adjust lessons and teaching approaches accordingly to meet the needs of the children you’re supporting
- Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring and engaging lessons
- Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners, specialising in Autism (ASC/ASD)
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a SEND Primary Teacher, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
- Support through your placements
- Unparalleled daily rates
- Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a SEND Primary Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this SEND Primary Teacher position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
For more information on this SEND Primary Teacher position and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) in Cambridge and across Cambridgeshire, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371.