Élan Montessori British school, located in Rincón de Beniscornia, Murcia, Spain, is looking to hire a Primary School teacher (6 to 12 years old).
Candidate is expected to be assertive, warm, positive and organized with Montessori certificate (AMI). A Native English speaker, the candidate will also bring a passion for education and a creative approach to achieve our School’s vision.
Requirements for this role:
- Possess Lower or Upper Elementary Certification in Montessori Education; If not currently certified the applicant must be enrolled in or willing to enrol in a Montessori training program;
- Meet educational requirements, preferably a valid British-issued teaching license for elementary education or meet eligibility, including elementary teacher education;
- Have +3 years’ experience teaching math and/or reading to elementary-aged students or experience;
- Bachelor in Education (Bachelor of Education (BoEd), Post Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE), Graduate Teacher Programme (GTP), “Magisterio” or UK Level 6 equivalent)
- Ability to work with students of various abilities, including those with various identified exceptionalities;
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multilingual environment;
- Native English speaker and commitment to learn Spanish;
- Submit necessary documents for a completed personnel file, including two references, diplomas, transcripts, and criminal records check.
Desirable for this role:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Experience in Early Years Foundation Stage
- Studies in United Kingdom: Bachelor in Education (Bachelor of Education (BoEd), Post Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE), Graduate Teacher Programme (GTP), UK Level 6 equivalent.
ÉLAN Montessori British School’s vision is developing children’s natural abilities and potential through the Montessori methodology, under the umbrella of excellence provided by the British National Curriculum. We work closely with our community, inviting families and every member of staff into this process. English is the primary language of the School (Certified by British Council and authorised by the Ministry of Education of Spain) with students ranging from 0 to 12-years of age.
- Full time position with attractive salary based on experience and a benefits package included.
- Being part of an enthusiastic and vocational team.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Brand new centre, with prepared environment with complete and brand new set of Montessori material.
- Supportive and collaborative leadership that fosters professional and personal growth.
- A great location in the amazing city of Murcia (near the Mediterranean coast) with excellent travel connections.
Please, fill in the form below to apply for this position. Applications will be reviewed and suitable candidates contacted in due course.
Information about Murcia: