Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Primary Teacher to work within a school for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. This independent school caters for students from Year 1 to Year 5. The Primary Teacher will be required to teach with another qualified teacher in the classroom, alongside a Teaching Assistant. This is a full time role in a school that caters for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. An unqualified primary / secondary teacher would be considered for this role. This is a permanent contract to start in April 2019, with a salary of £30,000 dependent upon qualification and experience.
About the Role
• Primary teacher
• To teach a class of 5/6 students within KS1
• Team teacher model, with one other qualified teacher and a teaching assistant within the class.
• To work with others to support pupils emotionally using the school’s therapeutic approach so that they can overcome barriers to learning; this inevitably includes effectively managing difficult behaviour throughout the day
• Full time, permanent contract
• April 2019 start
• Salary up to £30,000 (depending on experience)
About the School
• Independent school based in South East London
• Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, teachers and qualified therapists and a solid Senior Leadership Team
• Daily briefings are held with all members of staff
• 25 students currently attend the school
• Challenging behaviour, detachment disorders and global development delay are commonplace across the classes
• Padded time-out room available
• Apple macs with the latest technology are found in every classroom
• Provides extensive professional development for staff
• Provides training in Team Teach and First Aid, as well as ongoing CPD support and workshops from the school.
In order to be considered for this role, the Primary Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS (unqualified teachers with SEMH experience will be considered for this role)
• Proven experience working with students with SEMH
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number LXD29945.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.