Education – Non Teaching Care, Wellbeing & Learning
We are seeking to recruit a new maths consultant to join our highly regarded and successful team in September 2018. This is a permanent post although secondment would be considered for the right candidate.
- Have excellent knowledge of the Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 mathematics curriculum.
- Have good knowledge of early mathematical development and the key stage 3 mathematics curriculum.
- Have excellent knowledge and understanding of current mathematical pedagogical and curricular issues.
- Have qualified Teacher Status.
- Have a degree or equivalent.
- Have at least 3 years teaching experience.
- Be able to evidence raising standards of achievement.
- Have experience of meeting deadlines, setting targets and /or managing change.
- Have successful experience of curriculum development.
- Have the ability to show initiative and be flexible in order to be effective in improving the quality of mathematics teaching.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills and able to communicate your passion and enthusiasm for maths to different audiences.
- Have good knowledge and practical use of information and communication technology.
- Have the ability to develop effective partnerships and networks.
- Have the ability to plan and deliver effective training and development programmes which meet identified needs.
- Be an excellent teacher of maths.
- Be able to effectively analyse performance data to monitor pupil progress.
- Have successful experience of coaching and mentoring others to improve their maths teaching.
- Have experience in observing and evaluating teacher quality, and providing feedback.
- Be a self-starter with the resilience and ability to plan individual programmes of work and achieve positive outcomes who can also work well as part of a team.
- Be able to work outside of normal office hours.
- Have access to a car with current valid driving licence and appropriate insurance.
In return we offer:
- Partnership working within a forward-thinking school community
- The opportunity to work within a friendly, open, highly experienced team.
- The chance to innovate and develop work in maths.
- A wide range of professional development opportunities tailored to suit you.
For an informal discussion or to find out more about the post please contact Andrew Carr on 0191 433 8697 or email email@example.com in the first instance.
Online applications only at: www.gateshead.gov.uk
CLOSING DATE: 18 February 2018
If successful, you will need to apply for an enhanced Disclosure.