The International school of Ticino is seeking to appoint a Primary Years teacher to join us in September 2019 as Grade 1 or Grade 3 teacher.
Candidates should be well qualified, ideally experienced in the PYP, committed to high standards, interested in using innovative and inquiry based approaches to learning and be enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
We encourage early applications as interviews will be held on a rolling basis via Skype and face-to-face, and the school will appoint before the closing date if the right candidate is found.
Our school was founded in September 2014 as part of the ISE network of schools, spanning Italy and Switzerland. The school has had year on year growth, and now has 80 students across the age range of 3-10.
From September 2019 this growth will continue with the opening of a grade 6, 7, 8 and 9. Then within the next 5 years the international school will be home to students from 3-18 in a new purpose designed campus, with no more than 20 students per class and per grade level.
Last academic year, the International School of Ticino became an IB world school and the only accredited PYP school in the area. This academic year IST will become a candidate school for the IB MYP and DP programmes.
The International School of Ticino is in a very exciting period of growth, and in 2019 will depart its current location to move into a new purpose designed campus, 10 minutes from our current location.
The school is one of several very successful Swiss and Italian schools belonging to Inspired, a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
We are seeking to appoint a Primary years teacher for the role of Grade 1 teacher, who would form a teacher in our Early years section of the school. Students in our Grade 1 are from the age of 5-6. We seek staff ideally with experience of the PYP and experience with the Reggio approach is an advantage for the Early years position.
We are also seeking to appoint a Primary years teacher for Grade 3.
The contract is a permanent contract and our location offers the opportunity live on Lake Lugano in Switzerland or Lake Como in Italy.
Due to the high number of applications only those chosen for interview will be contacted.
Essential characteristics for IST applicants:
- to be in possession of a university degree in a related subject and an appropriate teaching qualification;
- to have had recent, demonstrable experience teaching primary within the 3-11 age range;
- to be an enthusiastic and passionate teacher with a love of teaching and the ability to convey this successfully to students;
- to be an EU passport holder or already be in possession of a valid visa that enables to work in Switzerland.
- Previous experience with IB programmes is required. Further IB training will be offered, together with relocation assistance.
Why work with us:
- A knowledgeable and talented staff body committed to supporting the very best in student achievement.
- IB professional development during employment
- A very competitive salary in the region
- Support settling in to Switzerland or Italy
- Professional development
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a new school build and development
- Cooked lunches provided free daily.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should complete the following TES application, or email it to the school principal, Mr. Andrew Ackers on email@example.com.
Letter of application (No more than 2 pages);
CV with photo;
Contact details of three referees (one of which must be the Head or Principal from your most recent appointment), who you give your consent for us to approach before interview.
The successful candidate will be expected to begin work at the end of August 2018, before which date a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our child safeguarding policy.
More information about the school can be found on our website at http://www.isticino.com/.
The school is one of several very successful schools belonging to ISE (International School of Europe) which in turn is part of Inspired (www.inspirededu.co.uk), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.