The One In A Million Academy Trust is looking to appoint an outstanding, inspirational leader who has the capacity to make a significant contribution to the ongoing success and development of our unique, innovative and dynamic school, recently judged GOOD by Ofsted.
One In A Million (OIAM) is a unique organisation, comprising its Free School and range of established Community Education Programmes. Our mainstream secondary school is small in size but big in opportunity as we form our own multi academy trust.
Driven by its core values and emphasis on sports, the arts and enterprise, OIAM has created an innovative approach to improving the opportunities and life chances for the young people in Bradford. The Charity creates a synergy between its school and community programmes through its Hub and Spoke model. The Principal will be expected to lead the school’s place within this.
We welcome applications from existing Headteachers, Principals and Senior Leadership who have experience of leading in good or outstanding schools and have demonstrably high quality leadership experience within the 11-18 phase.
We are looking for a Principal who will:
● Secure the commitment of the whole school community to the vision and direction of the One In A Million Academy Trust.
● Hold and articulate clear values and moral purpose, focused on delivering an outstanding teaching and learning culture for the students they serve based on our core values: compassion, honesty integrity and excellence.
● Demand ambitious standards for all students, overcoming disadvantage and advancing equality, instilling a strong sense of accountability in staff for the impact of their work on students’ outcomes.
● Raise the standards of teaching, learning and achievement at Key Stages 3 and 4, by fully embracing our Key Performance Indicators.
● Be innovative in challenging educational orthodoxies in the best interests of achieving excellence, harnessing the findings of well evidenced research to frame self-regulating and self-improvement within our school.
● Ensure that the school’s systems, organisation and processes are well considered, efficient and fit for purpose, upholding the principles of transparency, integrity and probity.
● Think creatively and imaginatively about the school’s development, to anticipate and resolve problems and to identify opportunities that will benefit students.
● Maintain and develop further strategies to enhance our calm, nurturing environment and systems to secure high standards of behavior and attendance whilst safeguarding the wellbeing of our students at all times.
● Be commercially and politically astute to grow links, which will benefit the school and provide future growth opportunities within a multi academy trust.
● Demonstrate good business acumen to ensure the equitable deployment of budgets and resources, in the best interests of students’ achievements, staff/talent development and the school’s sustainability.
● Work with an outstanding, high capacity, supportive governing body that is responsive to thoughtful and well-planned change.
Closing date: Monday 26th November 2018 at 12 noon
Interviews: Tuesday 4th and Wednesday 5th December 2018.
Salary: L22 – L32 (£67,007 - £85,605) subject to experience*.
* For the right candidate there will be the opportunity for progression to an Executive / Trust wide role as the school converts to its own multi academy trust.
Start Date: April 2019 but could be flexible for the right candidate.
To see for yourself what makes One In A Million Free School such a uniquely different, innovative and dynamic place, interested candidates are encouraged to arrange a visit to meet with the Chair of Governors for a tour of the school. Interested candidates are encouraged to arrange a visit on the following dates:
Thursday 22nd November 2018 or Saturday 24th November 2018
Please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Completed applications should be emailed back to firstname.lastname@example.org