To provide a world class education, nurturing lifelong learners and empowering internationally minded individuals.
To provide a high quality international education for our community of national and international learners in a safe, welcoming and respectful environment. To develop intellectual curiosity, a commitment to personal excellence and the ability to succeed in a changing world. To inspire positive action and promote a global vision.
Founded in 1948, St Andrew’s has a long and proud tradition of providing the highest quality education to our students. St Andrew’s is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS), the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and was the first school in The Bahamas to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Diploma (IBDP) Programmes. Our reputation for “Ethics & Excellence” is recognised nationally and internationally. Our student body of approximately 540 students represents thirty-six (36) nationalities showing our diversity of being international and proudly Bahamian.
- An outstanding educator with a sound track record of highly successful school leadership experience.
- Knowledge of working in a multi-cultural educational environment.
- Experience in directing and managing change in organisational settings with evident success in cultivating solid relationships with a range of stakeholders, effectively balancing varying needs and priorities.
- Understanding of the administration of the Primary Years (PYP) and Diploma Programmes of the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) preferred.
- Familiarity with the administration of the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE).
- Corroborated experience of leading, developing and motivating skilled teams with a pledge to the continuing professional development of all colleagues.
The Principal will report to the Board of Directors and will be ultimately responsible for the provision of a world-class education and pastoral care.
More specifically, some of the key responsibilities of the Principal will be:
- To gain an understanding of the School’s mission and vision, history and community.
- To lead the charge for the attainment of goals noted in the School’s Development Plan.
- To work closely with the Director of Finance to ensure effective financial and resource management.
- To provide pastoral care ensuring that the well-being, health and safety of all students is at the centre of all decision making.
- To ensure that all students of varying abilities are supported to unleash their full potential.
- To keep abreast about best practices and innovations in education inclusive of the use of technology in teaching and learning.
- To ensure meaningful assessment of the academic performance and progress of all students.
- To work with the Vice Principals/Heads of School to attract, develop and maintain talented teaching and support staff.
- To ensure that annual objectives are set and performance appraised for all staff members.
- To cultivate strong relationships with all stakeholders and encourage their engagement in and support of school life.
Those interested in applying for the long term appointment should send an application no later than 12 January 2018.
The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received. Candidates should note that, in the event that an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process, St Andrew’s reserves the right to make an appointment before the deadline mentioned above and to bring the search to a close. For this reason we encourage interested candidates to apply at the earliest possible time.
Candidates should send all the information requested below as a single email with an attachment(s) to:
- A letter of application, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in the Principal/CEO position at St Andrew’s International School.
- A current résumé not to exceed three (3) pages.
- A one (1) to two (2) page statement outlining educational philosophy and leadership style.
- A one (1) page list of references with phone numbers and E-mail addresses. This should include the current Chair and Treasurer of the current Board of Directors at your school, plus former board members or others as desired.
- A minimum of three (3) letters of reference.
Submission of your application is an acknowledgement that the School may contact references both listed and not listed who would know your professional background.
For more information please see key responsibilities and history of the school on the website www.st-andrews.com