NORD ANGLIA EDUCATION
Nord Anglia Education is looking for an outstanding, internationally-experienced leader in education to drive the ongoing success of The British School of Beijing, Sanlitun, China.
About the school
Located in downtown Beijing in the heart of the Embassy district of Sanlitun, we pride ourselves on being the only English National Curriculum Early Years and Primary school in the area. We educate students between the ages of 1 to 11 years old and capitalise on our international environment through our curriculum and the opportunities we offer students. Our prime location, strong sense of community and high academic standards mean that we are the school of choice for many international families. We support our students to build a strong foundation of skills and knowledge which they will continue to develop throughout their schooling.
At The British School of Beijing, Sanlitun it is our aim to instil a love of lifelong learning in not only our students, but our parents and team of teaching and administration staff. We are committed to recruiting the highest calibre of staff and providing them with ongoing professional development. We inspire members of our school community to be the very best that they can be; to share their talents and expertise and grow as leaders. We provide opportunities for our students, parents and staff to be involved in leading initiatives within the school and in the local community, and in particular we support a variety of local and national charities.
The British School of Beijing, Sanlitun draws on the strength and support of Nord Anglia Education’s global network of 47 schools. It benefits from Nord Anglia’s exclusive programmes including our Global Campus, Nord Anglia University, and collaborations with The Juilliard School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and UNICEF.
The Principal will inspire, lead, develop and manage all aspects of school life, including playing a key role in nurturing the values and culture of the school. Critical to their success will be the continued delivery of the school’s distinctive educational offer and unerring focus on achieving the very highest standards and building strong purposeful relationships within the community.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an excellent communicator and compelling story-teller
- Understand how to blend the best of premium education with contemporary international thinking to maintain a distinctive positioning for the school
- Understand that leading learning is at the heart of school leadership and will build a team committed to delivering this
- Drive the marketing and admissions process of the school with passion and a focus on quality that grows both the school and the school’s reputation
- Collaborate and build high performing teams, inspiring sustainable relationships
- Engage with students, teachers, parents and community leaders in a manner that is open, inclusive and conveys the values of NAE
- Manage financial budgets and commercial aspects of the school with astuteness and engage with, and contribute successfully to the wider organisation
- Demonstrate the ability to create and execute a strategic plan and manage complex projects
What we offer
When you join a Nord Anglia Education school, you join a global community of more than 9,000 people working together to support our students’ success. We offer you:
- unsurpassed opportunities to innovate and develop best practice across our family,
- access to extensive professional development,
- gain exceptional experience and career opportunities
Our promise is that you will have opportunities to progress more, learn more, and collaborate more.
As a part of our family, you will be a valued member of our Senior Leadership Team which helps shape the vision and drive the success of Nord Anglia Education. Professional and personal development is part of our DNA and so you will be supported by education experts and other committed professionals through Nord Anglia University and our leadership programs. Additionally, we offer competitive remuneration, relocation assistance and a comprehensive induction into our organization.
We welcome committed and inspirational candidates to join our growing family of schools. We seek people who are passionate about education and have the skills and experience to make a signi?cant impact on our students and school communities.
To submit an application please e-mail a CV and cover letter, highlighting your availability to attend an interview if selected, along with details of two references to: Meg De Keukelaere, Group Head of Talent Acquisition Meg.DeKeukelaere@nordanglia.com
Closing date: 22nd December 2017
Interviews: Details to be confirmed