Reports To: Executive Director
The Principal will have the opportunity to start up and lead the premier international school (Primary to High School) in downtown Singapore. He or she will shape and drive its success and will be the custodian of the school’s image and quality. He or she will also be responsible to effectively manage the school’s people, processes and all aspects of the school.
Duties & Responsibilities
As the Principal of the School, the successful candidate will have the responsibility to carry out the following duties to
Strategic planning & leadership
- Develop and implement the strategic and operational plans of the school;
- Lead the strategic and operational development of the school;
- Develop and maintain the high quality image of the school in the community;
- Provide overall pedagogical leadership in the school;
- Determine and maintain discipline and the positive reinforcement of the EtonHouse teaching philosophy;
- Represent the school to internal and external stakeholders;
Compliance & standards
Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and accreditation standards at the school;
Plan, deliver and continually assess the school’s academic curriculum and its teaching & learning standards;
Develop and maintain a positive school ethos;
Ensure best practices and processes are in place that the school delivers a high quality of education.
Carry out the day-to-day operations and management of the school;
Manage the budget, resources and facilities of the school;
Support the marketing team in driving student enrolments;
Build and facilitate cohesive appropriate relationships and contact between parents and staff of the school;
Lead the selection of teaching staff;
Monitor and review teachers' performance and standards;
Oversee the relevance and quality of the academic, pastoral and after-school activities provided for the students.
- Qualified with Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
- Candidates with Master’s Degree in Education will have an advantage.
Prior experience of more than 6 years as Principal in Middle school with a proven record of success in school leadership role;
Prior direct experience of more than 10 years’ teaching in an International School;
Familiar with IGCSE, IB and A level curricula.
Interested candidates may forward their detailed CV with recent photograph to email@example.com, stating current location and availability date.
We regret that only shortlisted candidate will be notified.