After 6 years of distinguished service as College Principal, Dr Maree Herrett has announced that she will retire from Santa Sabina College in December 2019.
The College Board invites applications from innovative, contemporary and experienced educators to take up the position of College Principal in Term 1 2020.
Established in 1894, Santa Sabina College is a P-12 Catholic School in the Dominican tradition, whose aim is to educate students to achieve personal excellence, to act with justice and compassion, and to embrace the future with an optimistic global vision. Inquiry learning, in a student-centred learning environment, characterises each stage of the learning journey. Santa Sabina College is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School offering both the IB Primary Years Programme (IBPYP) and IB Diploma Programme (IBDP). With a Middle Years program for Years 6 - 8 – Inspiration to Innovation - which culminates in the Middle Years Exhibition. Exceptional music, choral and sport programs, immersions and a broad range of extra curricula activities expand the opportunities for students.
The College Principal leads the mission, vision and values of the College to the whole community, including students, staff, parents and carers. The College Principal will do this by embracing and living out of the mission through:
- modelling the characteristics of integrity, personal excellence, justice and compassion
- educating students in the Catholic, Dominican identity and Santa Sabina College tradition
- living out the four Dominican Pillars of prayer, study, community and service
- challenging colleagues to do the same
Korn Ferry is assisting the College Board with this appointment. Further information, including the booklet, can be obtained from Laure-Emmanuelle Leguy on +61 3 9631 0303. During the Christmas Holidays (22 December-7 January), information can be obtained from Patrizia Anzellotti on +61 411 471 631.
To apply confidentially, please register your interest at SantaSabina_Principal@kornferry.com with the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae and statements of your education philosophy and your leadership philosophy
- Transcripts and copies of degrees and other qualifications as well as 3 referees (incl. a Principal referee)
Closing date: 15th of February 2019