The Governors of St Charles Catholic Sixth Form College are seeking to appoint a new Principal as the current post-holder is due to retire this year. The College is a progressive and growing sixth form college currently supporting circa 1,200 full-time 16-19 year-old students. It has a strong reputation for its Catholic identity, community ethos and inclusive approach to the sixth form provision. Students enjoy their time with us. However, in late 2017, the College was graded as ‘requires improvement’. The Governors are determined to ensure that the College’s results will significantly improve. While grades in our vocational courses are already improving and will need to continue to do so, key focus will be devoted to the ‘A’ level provision and outcomes.
The positive message from the Ofsted report was that our students show very good attitudes to learning and they are keen to achieve their qualifications. We have polite students with excellent behaviour in lessons.
The successful applicant will be innovative, inspirational, and must be committed in all areas of the College work in order to provide outstanding educational skills for all our students. The successful applicant should also be seeking a challenge to continue to draw on the progress that collectively we have been making since receiving the Ofsted report.
This is a demanding and multi-faceted role and the Governors are looking to appoint a Principal with the tenacity and vision to drive the College towards outstanding. The successful candidate will:
- Be an exceptional leader, able to articulate a clear vision for the organisation and management of the college, with the resilience and determination to ensure that it is successfully implemented
- Be a practising Catholic
- Have a solid leadership experience in 11-19 phase, with preference to experience in the sixth form sector or 16-19 phase
- Have the capacity to motivate staff and inspire young people
- Look to foster both new and existing partnerships and collaborations with other successful schools and colleges to raise standards and find solutions to wider issues
- Have a clear and consistent focus on rapidly raising achievement, by creating a cultural shift to ensure students receive the highest standard of teaching
- Have a proven track record of implementing changes and raising standards in teaching and learning
College tours are welcomed and encouraged by prior arrangement. Please contact Emma Fletcher on 01273 721579 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
For an informal and confidential conversation about this post, please contact Dion Mills on 07899063321.
Application forms and an information pack can be requested from email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 20th March 2019 at 9am
Interviews: Friday 29th March 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS.