Are you ready to lead us on our mission ‘To be the best we can be’?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the post of Principal to lead Caedmon College on its way to outstanding.
Caedmon College is located in the historic coastal town of Whitby, surrounded by the beautiful North York Moors National Park. The College sits on two sites with extensive grounds and has outstanding sports facilities.
The recent restructuring of secondary education in Whitby has provided Caedmon College with an opportunity to further develop our working partnership with Eskdale School (the other 11-16 year secondary provider in Whitby) and to continue our excellent work with local primaries.
To ensure the future of a strong and successful educational provision in the town, it is imperative that you maintain and develop networks, partnerships and collaborations with the local and wider school community. With an outward mind-set you will strengthen existing partnerships and develop new ones so as to provide the very best offer and outcomes for young people in our community.
Caedmon has an established Post 16 provision, which was praised highly in a recent Ofsted inspection. In order to ensure its continuing success, the Principal needs to engage in and understand the needs of the local community and to develop an appropriate provision that secures a strong Sixth Form for the future.
Caedmon College is a leading school within Whole Education and has a well-established SAIL curriculum in KS3. This promotes well our mission “to be the best we can be” through excellence, friendship and respect. We believe passionately that education can transform the lives of all who are educated here, whatever their ability or circumstance.
A strong leader, team builder and communicator, you will also have the skills and ability to effectively manage your time, to ensure that staff are supported, developed and integrated effectively into the wider team.
We will offer you;
- The opportunity to work in a good school with a highly effective Sixth Form;
- The chance to work within a school that is open to, and implements innovative ways of teaching and learning;
- A strong culture of professional development for all staff;
- A supportive governing body which is committed to further developing you as a leader;
- A local authority which provides newly appointed headteachers with a strong induction and support programme;
- Students who are purposeful and ready to learn and who will make you proud to be a teaching professional.
To apply for this role, or for further information please visit; www.nyresourcing.co.uk/caedmon-college
Closing Date: Sunday 18th March 2018