Al Jazeera Academy is a member of the Ta'allum Group of Schools. Ta'allum Group is a growing and successful organization consisting of three renowned partner Schools. Due to oversubscription, there are plans to open two new Academies in Doha in the near future.
Ta’allum Group is seeking to appoint an inspirational leader as our new Principal at Al Jazeera Academy in Doha, Qatar, commencing August 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptionally talented and ambitious leader to work with the Ta’allum Governing Board, the Academy Leadership and whole staff team to create a dynamic learning environment which inspires and challenges every student to fulfil their full potential.
Al Jazeera Academy is a very popular, vibrant and oversubscribed ‘all through’ Academy, of 1800 students with KG, Primary and Secondary schools. Al Jazeera successfully achieved Western Association of Schools and Colleges accreditation with a full six year designation in Spring 2019. The Academy also holds Microsoft ‘Expert School’ status. Students experience a unique blend of modern, international education, based on the English National Curriculum, leading to IGCSE and AS examinations, combined with an emphasis on Arabic language, heritage and culture. This is unique opportunity to lead the Academy in providing for the educational needs of our mainly Qatari student population with our mission to develop ‘Academic leaders with Islamic values.’ This is all in support of the Emir’s 2030 Vision for the State of Qatar.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an excellent record of outstanding leadership experience, in the UK or internationally, along with strong inter-personal skills and cultural awareness. Key attributes for this post include exceptional communication skills, ‘visibility’ as a leader and the integrity to be a role model for the Academy. The Principal’s role requires a clear focus on ensuring outstanding teaching and learning across all phases of the Academy. Candidates must be committed to working in partnership with the wider family of Ta’allum schools and to engaging with parents to forge effective partnerships.
The successful candidate will actively share and promote the core values and ethos of Ta’allum Group and Al Jazeera Academy and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• Strategic direction, operational and financial responsibility for the Academy
• Academy improvement through a clear focus on securing outstanding teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement and good behaviour.
• Providing purposeful leadership for the staff, students and the wider community
• Planning for Academy improvement based on a secure understanding of data and classroom observation
• Developing effective links with the wider Academy community including business, to extend the curriculum and enhance teaching and learning.
• Further developing the existing management of staff performance, incorporating target setting and individual development plans
• Continuing to develop an organisation in which all staff feel valued and recognise that they are accountable for the success of the Academy.
Salary and Benefits Package:
• Competitive Tax free salary, depending upon qualifications & experience
• Fully Furnished Apartment with paid utilities
• Joining/repatriation ticket, Yearly annual return ticket, medical insurance, visa and residency for self and one nominated dependent.
• Private medical insurance for self and nominated dependents.
• Free Schooling at Ta’allum Group Schools - 100% discount on tuition, registration and exam fees.
• End of Service Benefit Gratuity of 21 days of basic salary as per Qatar Labour law.
- Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements.
- The selected applicant will be required to provide criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) before employment is confirmed. Candidates from outside the authority of the DBS will be required to provide an approved Certificate from the similar authority in the Country in which he/she is currently residing.
- Interviews by Skype and face to face for shortlisted candidates.
- To apply for this post please submit the completed application form and supporting statement outlining your leadership skills, experience and motivation for joining the Ta’allum Group team in Doha. Completed applications should be submitted using the TES Portal and online application form.
- Enquiries and the chance to arrange an informal discussion about the post can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please visit our websites – www.taalumgroup.com and http://aja.edu.qa/ to find out more about Al Jazeera Academy and the Ta’allum Group of schools.
- You can also find us on social media portals such as Instagram @ taallumgroup or aja.qatar
Ta’allum Academies are committed to the safeguarding of children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant clearance from all appropriate safeguarding authorities.