Principal - Saint Mary's Catholic College, KINGAROY
Saint Marys Catholic College is a Prep to Year 12 College offering families a co-educational pathway to life-long learning. The College has been proudly serving the families of the South Burnett region since 1990, following the amalgamation of the St Marys Parish Primary and Secondary Schools. It has a current enrolment of approximately 441 students. The College has a master planned school campus environment along with a vision for education in a contemporary world.
Surrounded by picturesque countryside, Kingaroy is a wine-growing region, only 2½ hours drive north-west of Brisbane. As the central town of the South Burnett region, Kingaroy offers services, shopping facilities, recreational clubs and industries expected in much larger towns. With a population of around 10,000, residents have an opportunity to be involved and become part of the local community, while enjoying the quiet lifestyle of this country town.
Brisbane Catholic Education invites applications for the position of Principal with the capability to:
- lead the religious life of the school and build a vibrant Catholic identity within the school community;
- grow the engagement, progress, achievement and wellbeing of each student in the school;
- build a sustainable school community, ensuring stewardship of resources with transparency, accountability and compliance.
Applicants for this role must meet the following essential eligibility criteria:
- be a committed, practicing Catholic, or in an ecumenical school a committed practising member of one of the faith traditions represented in that Ecumenical school;
- hold, or be eligible to hold, registration as a teacher in Queensland;
- have educational leadership and/or administrative experience;
- Postgraduate qualifications at a Masters-level in Religious Education, Theology or Christian Leadership or a commitment to complete study to attain such a qualification.
- Competitive salary structure
- Area allowances
- Subsidised Housing
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent leave entitlements and access to travel leave day
- Access to professional learning opportunities
- Access to salary packaging options
- Free Employee Assistant Program
- Access to corporate health schemes
Successful applicants who are new to principalship in Brisbane Catholic Education will be supported through a professional learning plan to be undertaken in the first two to four years of employment. For new appointees who do not have Masters-level qualifications in Religious Education, Theology or Christian Leadership, the professional learning plan will include support to reach the equivalent of a Masters-level qualification.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2020
Initial Contract Period: Initial 4 year contract phase with a further 8 years subject to satisfactory performance in the role
Classified Salary and Range: Currently $147,890 - $161,798 per annum plus Super
School of Special Character Allowance: $6801.00 per annum
Campus: P-12 - Enrolments - 441 students
NB: The Role Description, Eligibility Criteria and Confidential Statement proformas for this position are provided as attachments, and should be downloaded from this webpage prior to the commencement of your application (see below).
Contact Person: Angela Moutsatsos
Contact Telephone: (07) 3033 7634
Contact Email: email@example.com
The successful applicant may be required to undertake teaching duties as part of this role.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
How to apply:
If you have NOT registered with our Online Application System, you can begin your Application by clicking the Begin button.
If you are unsure if you have registered before, click here and follow the steps
FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN DETAILS? Click here and follow the steps