Chart Wood is a special day/boarding school for boys (105 day pupils and students and 24 boarders) aged 9 to 16 years who have social, emotional and mental health needs. Some pupils also have moderate learning and attachment difficulties and some a diagnosis of ASD. Staff: pupil ratios are favourable and support out students to achieve well.
This is an exciting time in the School’s development with a planned relocation to a newly refurbished learning campus in Dorking.
Chart Wood will shortly convert to academy status and become part of Orchard Hill College Academy Trust. As an outstanding provider and Academy sponsor, Orchard Hill College has a strong track record for making a positive impact within the local communities that it serves.
You will be an ambitious, proven leader either at Deputy or Headteacher level and have an excellent track record of successfully implementing school improvement and impactful change.
You will need to:
- be a highly capable leader, with a clear sense of vision, strategic thinking and purpose;
- be an exceptional classroom practitioner, with expertise in SEND and specifically SEMH;
- have recent and relevant experience of highly effective leadership and a strong track record in raising standards;
- have a full understanding of processes involving children in care, child protection and safeguarding and be committed to working in partnership;
- be collegiate, responsive, highly approachable and have the ability to inspire colleagues, pupils, students and their families.
- be fully committed to developing effective independence for students beyond school
We can offer:
- the opportunity to develop skills and experience within a family of providers;
- staff and an Executive Board who are highly committed and dedicated to success;
- support and guidance from Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust.
- a Local Authority supportive of developing local provision for children and young people in their communities
To apply for this post, please visit http://www.ohcat.org/vacancies/ for further information, and send your completed application form to email@example.com.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing Date: 5pm on Thursday 22nd November 2018
Interviews to be held: 27th and/or 28th November 2018
Chart Wood School, Surrey County Council and Orchard Hill College Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.