GEMS Education has a global network of world class international schools. With more than 55 years of experience, GEMS Education is committed to improving the quality of education worldwide. Every day, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we impact 1.4 million students through the initiatives of our charity partner the Varkey Foundation.
The GEMS approach to learning is one which focuses not only on academic excellence but also in helping students develop their character, creativity, values, personal leadership and the spirit of enterprise necessary for them to achieve their full potential as global citizens and leaders of the future.
Cambridge International School, Kampala is one of two GEMS international premium schools in Africa, providing the highest quality education and enabling its young people to discover and develop their potential in all areas. The school currently has 372 students from Pre Foundation Stage (2.5 years) to year 13, with 44 boarders. The school is growing and at full capacity will have over 800 students and 150 boarders. At our tranquil campus in Luzira we are passionate about offering every student the best possible chance to succeed and discover their true potential.
- In academic excellence delivered by exceptional teachers,
- That outstanding early years education gives students a strong head start,
- In helping young people develop confidence, initiative and independence,
- That the use of powerful classroom technology enriches and supports learning, and
- Strong relationships with parents is key to a child’s success.
We are seeking to appoint an inspiring and highly visible Principal with the drive and vision to lead this growing school.
As an outstanding leader you will have:
- educational expertise and a proven track record of developing and sustaining very high standards;
- excellent communication skills and an ability to create an exciting learning community that will motivate and inspire students;
- the ability to provide strategic direction and set expectations by communicating goals clearly and empowering collaboration in your staff body;
- successful and demonstrable experience of parental engagement and evidence of creating community partnerships that enhance learning;
- a cultural understanding and willingness to become part of the growing community.
You will have also demonstrated a successful track record of student achievement and attainment in a National Curriculum for England School. Experience of international education or working in Africa would be desirable but not essential.
For more information about the school please visit our website: http://www.gemseducation.co.ug/
If you believe that you can make a difference and continue the success of this school then we would like to hear from you, please send a CV and letter of application stating why you have the knowledge, skills and experience to lead this school, to Danielle West at email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday 21st September 2018. Any applications received prior to this date will be followed up immediately.
We see genius in every child….