In 2004, Ark set out to create a network of high achieving, non-selective, inner city schools. Every Ark school reflects its local community and has its own distinctive character, uniform and ethos where everyone shares the same mission. Our aim is to make sure every child, regardless of their background or prior attainment, achieves highly enough by age 18 to have access to real choices in life: whether that means going to university or into a career of their choice.
Ark Acton Academy joined the network on 1st September 2018 under the leadership of the acting Principal. We are now looking to appoint a permanent Principal to lead the school in the full implementation of Ark’s six pillars. We are committed to delivering the highest quality education that enables every child to achieve the best possible academic outcomes and to develop strong self-discipline and good character.
This is a great opportunity to work within the Ark network and rapidly transform our newest academy.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be fully aligned with Ark’s values and six pillars
- Have a clear understanding of what makes an exceptional school and the skills and character required to do this
- Have strong leadership skills, high expectations and be a rigorous planner
- Be honest, kind, passionate, committed and resilient
- Have the ability to create a body of aligned and highly motivated professionals who are united in their determination to secure outstanding outcomes for Acton pupils
- Have high levels of determination and the conviction to address the immediate challenges of a transition school
- Be excited by the opportunity to work closely with an Executive Principal and Regional Director in creating the conditions for a rapid improvement in outcomes
- Be a great teacher. As a leader of teaching, we are looking for someone who really knows what great learning looks like in the classroom and how to achieve it
The successful candidate will work with an experienced Executive Principal and the Regional Director and will receive the highest quality support and development from the regional and central teams. The successful candidate will also be part of the Ark North London Regional Principals’ Team, working with Principals from seven other schools in developing world class practices in all our schools. Three of our North London schools have outstanding status and our team will provide the new Principal with a wealth of resources and support.
In making an appointment we will be looking for someone who has the vision, character, drive and skills to transform Acton into one of the highest performing schools in London.
For further information or a confidential discussion please contact Jerry Collins, Regional Director, here. For any technical queries please contact our support desk here.
Reports to: Executive Principal, West London
Closing date: 8 Jan (10am)
Interviews: 17 Jan (first), 25 Jan (final)
Location: Acton, West London
Ark values diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and any other relevant employment checks.