Westminster Academy is seeking to appoint a Principal. This is an exciting opportunity for a leader who relishes a challenge, wants to change lives and can convincingly demonstrate that they have:
• strategic focus and vision and an absolute focus on raising educational standards;
• a commitment to high educational standards and expectations of young people;
• a consistent drive to improve on the quality of teaching and learning;
• the skills to set the strategy and direction of the Academy;
• high expectations for self and others and the ability to create, lead and develop high performing teams;
• a track record of raising standards and attainment and personal qualities which align with the Academy’s ethos and values.
Westminster Academy is an outstanding International Business and Enterprise Academy serving a multi-ethnic community in Central London. Its ethos is grounded in the IB Learner Profile, encouraging intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and fostering a real sense of communal endeavour. The Academy has gained national recognition for its work to improve outcomes for students, and its aspirational and inclusive vision. As the leader of the Westminster Academy community, the incoming Principal will have the opportunity to shape the future of the Academy whilst working alongside an exceptionally talented group of teachers and leaders.
The ideal candidate for this post will be enthusiastic, driven, and have an excellent knowledge of all areas of Academy life. They must be committed to raising student success and encourage student development. If you are an outstanding leader who can offer an absolute focus on raising educational standards, then Westminster Academy would like to hear from you.
What the Academy offers:
• An excellent programme of continuing professional development;
• Training with the IB for teachers delivering Key Stage 5;
• The chance to shape the future of the Academy;
• The opportunity to develop personally and professionally;
• A commitment to staff wellbeing, including access to the local gym, weekly fitness sessions, staff social events and the end of term ‘WA Big Breakfast’
• Perkbox membership, which offers a package of benefits for staff such as retail discounts, savings on gym membership, cinema tickets and free mobile phone insurance.
If you would like an initial and confidential conversation about this role, please contact Kerry Wallace, Senior Researcher at Westminster Academy’s recruitment partners Society, on +44(0) 203 653 0482 or email email@example.com.
The deadline for receipt of applications is midday (BST) on Friday, 24 April 2020.
Longlisted candidates will be invited to interview with Society during the weeks commencing 27th April and 4th May 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview with Westminster Academy during the week commencing 18th May 2020.
Visits to the Academy are encouraged, please contact Kerry Wallace to arrange a mutually convenient date and time.
For additional information, and to apply, please visit: https://www.society-search.com/search/job?q=&se=0&fn=0&lc=0&sa=0&id=4828
Westminster Academy is committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare, and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.