Private Maths Tutor for Canadian family based in Dubai, UAE
We are looking for a positive and down-to-earth Tutor to provide educational support for a 10- and 12-year-old.
The overarching goal for the Tutor is to ensure the children have a solid grounding in their curriculum-based learning, as well as offering opportunity to challenge them beyond this. This will include support with homework and projects, as well as one-on-one Maths tutoring after school and weekends.
The role will include some pastoral care including some school runs and extra-curricular activities.
The Tutor will track measurable progress and provide weekly updates to the parents.
This role would suit a sporty, self-contained individual who enjoys a quiet atmosphere, who is possibly studying for a higher education herself, and who likes to make and see significant improvements in fewer students.
Candidates will have:
- Fluent English.
- International experience.
- 3-4 years tutoring or teaching experience of a similar age group.
- Qualifications to teach Maths KS2/ KS3.
- A teaching style which is targeted yet interactive and playful.
- A high level of organisation, who naturally works in a methodical and transparent manner.
- Enthusiastic with a passion for teaching and finding fun, creative ways for students to learn.
- A full, clean driving licence, an excellent driver with at least 4 years recent driving experience.
We offer candidates:
- A spacious classroom environment for tutoring and planning, with plenty of resources.
- The opportunity to enhance your 1:1 experience.
- A flexible timetable.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- A full-time working week with two days off per week.
- A two year contract starting September 2017, with the possibility of extension by mutual agreement.
Please send your CV and covering letter with details of all relevant experience and any similar placements you have held by 18 August