The Students – brother (15) and sister (17)
Year 11 Student:
An engaging and charming young man, he is intelligent and motivated but looking for expert tutoring to take him to the highest possible level in all his IGCSE subjects. He enjoys sports, especially boxing and football, and skis regularly during winter. His parents would like him to receive daily guidance in his IGCSE year to organise his work and allow him to tackle the volume of material in each subject upfront, allowing time closer to the exams for polishing exam technique. He has the potential to gain straight A*s and would like to achieve this in a measured way, to avoid a last minute panic.
The tutor should be able to support the following subjects at IGCSE level and address the following issues:
- Maths – consolidate advanced topics.
- English – focus on essay structure and textual analysis, with weekly essays to polish technique.
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology – learn course content and application of scientific principles, questions structures and memorisation techniques, followed by past paper practice.
- Geography and History – cover core content and revision strategy.
The student is also studying French and Spanish.
Year 13 Student:
A bright young woman, but can lack motivation and direction. The tutor would be responsible for organising her self-study outside of lessons, to complement the work studied together. The parents ideally would like a tutor who is able to help her with Maths (SL) and English Lang/Lit (HL), along with potentially Geography (HL), ESS (SL) or Business Studies (SL). She is also studying French (HL).
The parents are willing to be flexible for the right candidate who is academically rigorous, empathetic and inspirational.
Role of the Tutor:
The tutor will usually work with the boy for 2 hours each evening and also the girl for 2 hours each evening, perhaps utilising her free periods during the day too. Weekends will be flexible and the tutor can expect to have one day off per week, but should expect to be flexible about this depending on the academic needs of the children and proximity to exams.
The tutor may also be required to travel with the family during the holidays, to oversee their holiday revision plans and balance teaching with independent learning (i.e. organise and direct student self-study outside of lessons).
The position requires a highly organised tutor with 3+ years’ experience teaching at IGCSE and IB level, who can demonstrate achievement of consistently high results with students. They should:
- have an excellent degree from a prestigious university;
- be familiar working amongst HNW families and remain professional at all times;
- be presented impeccably and maintain excellent personal hygiene;
- be a non-smoker and exercise regularly;
- have a good feel for how to run two revision campaigns simultaneously at IGCSE and IB level; and
- be strongly empathetic to the human needs of each child outside the academics, and adjust their work accordingly.
Salary of up to €5,000 - €7,000 per month for 80 -120 hours tutoring.
Accommodation and travel, living and materials costs provided by the family.
Riviera Tutors is one of the UK’s most prestigious and personal tutoring agencies: https://www.goodschoolsguide.co.uk/tutors/tutor-company-reviews/riviera-tutors/57Y692Q
Apply below by uploading a copy of your CV or email Riviera Tutors directly at firstname.lastname@example.org