30 Hours Per Week Term - Time
- Do you have a passion for learning and wish to develop that in others?
- Are you passionate about helping young people reach their potential?
- Do you have the skills and qualities to engage young people with specific learning and behavioural needs?
- Are you interested in the potential of becoming a classroom teacher in the future?
Then, Maltby Academy could be the place for you.
Maltby Academy sits within a unique and expanding Multi Academy Trust and is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn. With outstanding examination results, Maltby Academy secures excellence in all aspects of its work.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed professional to work closely across Key Stage 3 & 4 in our MALP and REACH alternative provisions with students who may have specific learning needs or challenges with their social, emotional and mental health and/or engagement issues. The colleagues appointed will provide general classroom and pastoral support for various curriculum programmes and guide students via interventions to overcome barriers to learning in order for them to achieve their full potential.
The successful candidate will need:
- To be able to communicate effectively and concisely
- To be able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Experience of working with young people
- The confidence to deal with challenging behaviour and a wide range of abilities and learning needs
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
How do I apply?
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Academy website or can be obtained by calling the Academy.
Completed applications should be sent to Rachael Barratt, PA to the Principal on firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Academy address below:
Closing Date: Friday 22nd June 2018 at 9am
Interviews: Tuesday 26th June 2018
Committed to Safeguarding & Promoting the Welfare of Children /An Equal Opportunities Employer
01709 812 864