The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Program Middle Leader – VET Tier 4 - January 2019 - 4 December 2020
St Thomas More College Sunnybank.
We are seeking an experienced, dedicated and enthusiastic teacher to lead the overall coordination of Vocational Education & Training Department.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
• Working in collaboration with other Middle Leaders to embrace a holistic understanding of Middle Leadership in the College
• Leading and promoting the VET, Vocational Education and Careers programs in the school
• Consulting with Curriculum leaders when planning VET programs for different subject areas
• Arranging, organising and overseeing external audits in consultation with Curriculum Leaders and teachers of VET certificates
• Facilitating the enrolment of students in VET courses outside of the College
• Facilitating the ‘sign ups’ of school-based apprenticeships and traineeships
• Organising and managing the Work Experience programs for Year 10-12 students in conjunction with support staff
• Ensuring that the College is fulfilling compliance expectations as an RTO and as an administrator of VET certificates
• Directing internal audits and reviews with Curriculum Leaders and teachers delivering the certificate
• Liaising with Curriculum Leaders and teachers engaged in the program throughout the school.
• Inducting new teachers to the VET and Vocational Education programs (or supervision of induction where it is undertaken by another experienced teacher)
• Pastoral care of staff engaged in the designated area(s) of responsibility
• Other appropriate duties as required by the Principal
Start Date: January 2019. Employment Tenure: Full Time Continuing.
St Thomas More College is a Brisbane Catholic Education co-educational secondary college catering for over 1030 students. Our College opened in 1974 and from inception developed a strong commitment to the pastoral care of students. At the core of all that we do is our mission to provide a holistic education to all students. This mission, inspired by Jesus, is to seek, grow and serve by fostering in all students: a commitment to our Christian faith; a commitment to learning; and a sense of community. Come and share the vision for all our graduates. A vision that is explicit about beliefs, values and capacity for informed choice in an ever changing world. A vision of young people with soul, personal integrity and the skills to achieve success in life.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2019
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Continuing
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): N/A
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Sharne Davies
Contact Telephone Number: 3323 4600
Contact Email: email@example.com
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window