Big Creative Training (BCT) job specification (project manager - work experience)
Big Creative Training is a well-established and expanding creative industry training provider with a long track record of delivering positive outcomes for learners. Our mission is to improve the lives of young people through high quality training and creative industry experiences. We have more than 300 young people per year going through our vocational training programmes including Study Programmes, T Levels, Traineeships and Apprenticeships and they all take qualifications in maths and English. We have great industry links and work with over 100 creative sector employers and SMEs. You’ll work as part of the employer engagement team to help grow relationships with a range of creative industry employers, and source and manage work placements across our provision.
· Provide work experience (WEx) and work related opportunities for 250 BCT study programme (SP) students through a mix of internally designed industry projects and placements at creative employers
· Work with colleagues to identify learners who are work placement or work related experiences ready
· Engage with learners and support them to find their own placements where possible
· Work with employers to help them understand the benefits of offering work placements for SP and also promote placements for trainees, apprenticeship and T level learners as appropriate
· Engage with the BCT employer engagement team to ensure that any employer who expresses an interest gets the support they need and understands all options available to them including SP WEx,
· Ensure that placements are healthy and safe and continue to liaise with learners and employers when a placement is in progress
· Ensure the impact on the learner is quantitatively and qualitatively assessed and reported on before, during and after placement with the results informing future programme design
· Provide a focal point and leadership in the organisation for work placement
· To ensure all paperwork and admin is maintained, updated and meets audit requirements
- To promote Big Creative at all times, including our apprenticeships, traineeships, courses and our new shared creative space Creative Works opening in September 2018.
- To quality improve all aspects of employer engagement including gathering employer feedback and ensuring programme design and delivery responds to employer needs
- Experience of working in the creative industries and educated in a relevant area.
- Great communication skills across email, phone and face-to-face with learners, staff and employers
· Highly motivated and driven to succeed. Extremely organised and able to manage own work load
- Proven track record of recent and ongoing industry experience and up to date knowledge of sector trends and developments, including entrepreneurial experience
- GCSE grade C English and maths required
Benefits of working for BCT
· Company pension scheme and healthcare cashback scheme
· Supportive, caring and developmental environment with a creative and innovative approach
· Be part of a successful and expanding organisation
Salary and days of work
· Start date is 13th August and days of work will be flexible according to demand and availability
· This is a 0.66 term time only position. Salary is £28000 pro rata (£18480)
How to apply
If you wish to apply you must request an application form from email@example.com by midday on 28th June. Please send the completed form with a covering letter detailing how you meet the criteria above and explaining why you would like to work for BCT to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 2nd July.
To find out more about BCT and our approach to education please see www.bigcreative.education
Big Creative Training has been rated “good” by Ofsted in April 2017. You can read the full report here
“Leaders and staff successfully ignite young people’s enthusiasm for learning” (Ofsted)