NEWCASTLE WEST Catholic Schools Office
Vacancy TypeTemporary Part Time
The Catholic Schools Office is seeking internal Expressions of Interest for the position of Project Officer-Early Learning K-2.
Temporary Part-time 0.2 FTE.
We are seeking to appoint a highly proficient, passionate and experienced educational leader to work with Kim Moroney, (Education Officer-Early Learning) to support the implementation and sustainability of the system wide approach to Early Learning and in particular the Successful Foundation Action Research Project.
The Project Officer-Early Learning will work collaboratively with the Education Officer-Early Learning to implement the Early Learning Policy and Early Learning Procedure in schools; sustain and develop the Successful Foundations Action Research Project; support other Early Learning initiatives and recommendations; disseminate information and facilitate professional learning for teachers and leaders to ensure Early Learning philosophy, pedagogy and practice is embedded in schools across the diocese.
The Project Officer- Early Learning is responsible to the Director of Schools through the Head of Teaching and Learning Services.
Regular travel is a requirement of the position.
• Articulates a clear understanding of, and personal commitment to, the mission of Catholic schooling in the diocese of Maitland-Newcastle.
• Demonstrates a clear understanding of Catholic perspectives across the curriculum.
• Has a thorough understanding about current early childhood research, theory and practice.
• Has a passion and strong commitment for the education and well-being of the Early Learner in the early years of school.
• Demonstrates a practical understanding of the Successful Foundations Action Research Project and has the capacity to implement Successful Foundations and support colleagues in their implementation.
• Has a thorough understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and Early Learning Policy and Procedure for Catholic schools in Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle.
• Has significant, successful teaching experience in the early years of school.
• Has effective interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrates high level communication, organisational, teamwork skills.
• Has the ability to work effectively with teachers and school leaders to build capacity in Early Learning
• Has the capacity to provide professional learning for teachers in primary schools especially those teaching K-2.
Conditions of EmploymentConditions and salary commensurate with the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle Catholic Schools Office Employees Enterprise Agreement 2017 - Education and Professional Officers salary scale 3.3.
Monday 09 December, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
02 4979 1269
By email (preferred):
Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle
PO Box 714
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
Please submit a covering letter and updated CV including contact names for referees. Your expression of interest should outline your suitability and desirability for the role (please refer to the attached position description). As this is a secondment, support from the Principal needs to be sought before applying.
Applications should be emailed as one PDF attachment quoting Reference 8960.