ABC Teachers are seeking an experienced Teaching Assistant to work in a PRU setting in Leicester. This is a full time long term role starting as soon as possible to cover a permanent staff member’s maternity cover although may be advertised as a permanent role in the new academic year.
This position is for an independent specialist day Pupil Referral Unit for young people aged 5 to 11 years challenging behaviour. These students may have been permanently excluded from mainstream schools and will need extra support to focus within a classroom.
ABC Teachers are looking someone who is able to multitask, has a keen interest with PRU style pupils and also has had previous experience with challenging behaviour at a primary aged level.
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Be eligible to work in the UK (must have a valid visa if applicable)
· Have previous experience teaching within an SEN / PRU setting
· Have excellent communication skills
· Have a creative approach to learning
· Possess valid references, DBS/police checks or be willing to undertake them
· A valid Team Teach certificate is desirable although not essential as training will be given
· Excellent numeracy, literacy and IT skills
· Ability to use own initiative and to work successfully as part of a team
As well as being part of this school's community, working with ABC Teachers also gives you access to:
· Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
· Consultant exclusivity
· Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to terms and conditions)
· Reward scheme for staff referrals
The School can offer you:
· an inclusive academy;
· a friendly, supportive and professional team of staff;
· a commitment to provide Continuing Professional Development;
· an excellent support programme for new staff.
We pride ourselves on offering fantastic rates of pay of up to £189 per day (after qualifying period) and putting forward candidates that meet our secure safeguarding criteria. We have a close relationship with our candidates and schools and work exclusively with our client base.
Candidates will be required to attend a face to face interview to register; we will need to gain two references (academic/professional) and hold an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you). We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment.
For more information regarding this position or to register with us for opportunities like these please contact Anna Armstrong today on 01509608017 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Not found what you are looking for? Keep up to date with us on our Website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period supply staff can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
For more information please call Anna on 01509 608017.