When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site, they belong to the Whitley Academy Community. In this community, we build meaningful relationships based on trust and mutual respect. Our classrooms, corridors and the school environment are safe spaces where nobody is judges and everyone is valued. In our community, we are proud of our school and committed to supporting all staff and students to “be the best you can be”.
We are seeking an inspirational Psychology teacher to join our well-established and forward-thinking team from Easter 2019. The majority of teaching will be at Post 16 level.
The ability to teach Sociology to KS4 would be an advantage but is not imperative.
The successful candidate must be;
- Committed to making a difference
- Passionate about Psychology and its impact on learning
- Someone who has high expectations of students and colleagues
- A good teacher with the potential to be outstanding
We will offer you;
- A positive and innovative learning culture,
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations of and aspirations for all of our students,
- A strong sense of community,
- Access to the RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance, which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff,
- PiXL network access, developing new ideas and strategies to impact on student learning and
- A number of additional benefits including a fantastic internal CPD programme, fostering excellence in teaching and learning, free parking, a vibrant modern building and facilities in a beautiful location within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
This successful candidate will have strong subject knowledge and excellent inter-personal skills along with the ability to engage our students with new ideas. This post offers a TMS teacher an exciting opportunity to develop their teaching skills in a range of whole-school CPD opportunities.
This is initially a part-time role (0.2fte), which could possibly increase to 0.4fte for a suitable candidate.
Informal visits are welcomed.