The PYP Coordinator is responsible for collaborating with EIS teaching staff, administration, learners & parents and International Baccalaureate as a data coach, instructional specialist, learning facilitator, school leader, and catalyst for change. The PYP Coordinator will play a key role in enhancing student learning by supporting instructional effectiveness through facilitation of teacher collaboration; individual coaching; professional development planning, facilitation, and assessment of programmes.
Candidate’s skills and qualifications
· Bachelor or Master’s degree in education.
· Primary years teacher’s qualification is favourable.
· PYP training, 2 and more year- experience as the PYP coordinator.
· Fluent English speaker.
· Experience working in the context where students acquire the curriculum in English, having a different mother tongue is favourable.
· Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations in English. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public in English.
· Experience as Council of International Schools (CIS) accreditation leader is favourable.
· Knowledge of Russian and/or Latvian is favourable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Pedagogical leader of the PYP – programme design and implementation supervision, collaborative planning leader and facilitator at school.
· Facilitate learning of staff necessary for implementation of the PYP.
· Ensure fidelity of implementation of the PYP (i.e., training and methods are not simply provided, but systematically implemented, monitored, reinforced, and revisited).
· Ensure the on-going process on regular collaborative planning at school.
· Oversee the PYP budget.
· Share in the ownership of the responsibility for success and struggles of implementing the PYP to include the following duties:
- Manage the process of curriculum review and development
- Monitor and review the implementation of the PYP
- Review current educational resources, from national and international sources, to inform the ongoing development of the programme
- Contribute responsibility to staff management in order to maintain a well-functioning PYP team
- Organising and leading authorisation and evaluation visits as requested by regional offices at school
- Undertake or contribute to special projects, both internally and/or in cooperation with outside agencies to promote the PYP and IB and to extend the impact of both
- Be familiar with and advise administrators and faculty on all PYP related documents, design the necessary documents
- Organise, prepare agendas, coordinate/lead professional development activities for PYP staff
- Responsible authority for the PYP application process including the authorisation visit
· Willing to contribute to the wider life of the school.
· Having passion to inspire young minds and teenagers, a commitment to ensuring that every child achieves their potential.
· Able and willing to organise educational events for parents and in cooperation with them.
· Willing to provide regular feedback to parents and carers on a pupil's progress at parents' evenings and other meetings.
· Keen on organising and taking part in school events, outings and activities, which may take place at weekends or in the evening.