Victoria Shanghai Academy (VSA) is a private independent, non-denominational, co-educational day school established in 2004 under the auspices of the Victoria Shanghai Education Foundation Limited, a registered charitable body.
VSA is an IB World School and the first in Hong Kong authorised to deliver three of the International Baccalaureate Programmes, providing a “through-train” IB education for students aged 6 to 18. The Primary School was authorised as an IB Primary Years Programme school in December 2005. In the Secondary School, the Middle Years Programme (“MYP”) and Diploma Programme (“DP”) were authorised in December 2006 and June 2007 respectively.
VSA emphasizes a holistic approach to education, at the heart of which is inquiry-based learning and teaching. The Primary School offers a bilingual education (English and Putonghua); the Secondary School curriculum is delivered in English and supplemented by a strong Chinese programme.
VSA has approximately 1,860 students and a total faculty size of 184. In Primary, there are 96 faculty members, more than half of whom are expatriate staff.
VSA is accredited by CIS and NEASC. More information about Victoria Shanghai Academy can be found here: www.vsa.edu.hk
VSA is now recruiting enthusiastic and committed teacher for the above position for the school year beginning August 2018:
- Relevant degree, teacher qualification and experience required
- One or more of the following: Apple Distinguished Educator, Google Certified Teacher, Adobe Certified Expert, Adobe Certified Instructor, Adobe Educational Leader
- Evidence of recent professional development in digital literacy
- An understanding of key learning theories and methods of instruction, and their relation to technology integration
- Superior communication skills to work with teachers with a range of technological expertise
Applicants please download and complete the application form and email along with a statement of your educational philosophy and full resume to the Primary Principal (email@example.com) by 7 January 2018.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
(Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only)