About the school:
The International School of Bergamo is a friendly and expanding school opened in 2011. Officially an IB World School for the Primary Years Programme, ISBergamo opened its first middle school class in September 2016 and will progress year after year leading to the IB Diploma.
Our mission is based on the values of the learner profile and we aim to offer a challenging and stimulating curriculum based on high achievement and inquiry based learning and designed to generate an enthusiasm for learning and value it as a life-long process.
Based in the city of Bergamo, our unique and stimulating campus, boasts an innovative and functional design, and is an ideal learning environment for students aged 2 and beyond.
International School of Bergamo is seeking an Elementary class teacher, who will be able to adapt quickly to a new and exciting learning environment.
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional, preferably with experience of the International Baccalaureate, willing to use flexible strategies in a class with students from different language backgrounds.
The successful candidate will be:
- passionate about learning and able to engage students at all levels
- committed to maintaining high standards in all aspects of the work of the school
- interested in using a constructivist approach to learning, and enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
- nurturing and inspiring in developing the whole child
- a good team player who enjoys working with others
- Qualified Teacher Status
- English Mother Tongue
- Hold EU passport of have already obtained the right to be employed in Italy.
- IB PYP experience/training is helpful but not required
- Knowledge and skills in ICT literacy
The successful candidate will be expected to begin work at the end of August 2018, before which date a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our child safeguarding policy.
Candidates are required to send their CV with recent photo, contact details for two references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer and a cover letter for the attention of Roisin Cosgrove, Head of Primary International School of Bergamo, by email only to: email@example.com
Applicants can also apply by clicking on the 'apply now' button.
As interviews will be held on a rolling basis, we encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.