PRIME OBJECTIVES OF THE POST:
To provide routine general clerical, reception and administrative support.
Assisting in the supervision of students on work experience, trainees and voluntary helpers with whom the post holder is working.
SUPERVISION AND GUIDANCE:
Under the direction/instruction of the Administrative Manager or other senior staff.
RANGE OF DECISION MAKING:
To make decisions within established working practices and procedures.
The post holder will be expected to use good common sense and initiative in all matters relating to:
- the conduct and behaviour of individuals, groups of students and whole classes
- the correct use and care of materials by individual and small groups of students
- the safety, mobility (if required) and hygiene and well-being of the students.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ASSETS, MATERIALS ETC:
· To maintain confidential nature of information relating to the schools, students, parents and carers.
· General responsibility for the care of all equipment and materials within the designated area.
· Internal at all levels, Parents / Carers, Governors, Community Groups, Health, Social Services, Police, Local Education Authority, Education Bradford, Contractors, External Agencies.
· Employees will be expected to be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers.
RANGE OF DUTIES:
· Undertake reception duties, answering routine telephone, face to face enquiries and signing in visitors/students
· Assist with student first aid/welfare duties, looking after sick students, liaising with parents/staff etc.
· Assist with arrangements for visits by school nurse, photographer etc.
· Assist in arrangements of whole school events such as review and transition days
· Provide routine clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing, complete routine forms, sort and distribute mail, taking mail to post office
· Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems and produce simple reports such as fire registers, visitor lists etc.
· Undertake typing, word-processing and other IT based tasks
· Undertake routine administration e.g. registers/school meals
· Operate office equipment e.g. photocopier, computer, franking machine, fax, Inventry system etc.
· Arrange orderly and secure storage of admin supplies and supply staff keys
· Undertake routine financial administration e.g. collect and record trip money
· To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
· To be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all.
· Contribute to the development of school policy
· Support the overall ethos, work, aims and policies of the school
· To appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
· To attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
· To participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
Benefits of working with Vision for Education:
· We pay National Living Wage
· Professional 24/7 support.
· CPD Training Opportunities, including fee Team Teach training.
· Committed consultants.
· You are paid directly by Vision for Education rather than through a payroll provider.
You must hold a current enhanced DBS certificate or be willing to undergo one.
We look forward to hearing from you, please apply now with your CV and if requirements are met our team will be in touch with you shortly.